Early Warnings Of Relapses

• December 5, 2013 at 6:26 pm

This last relapse (early November) I started feeling a bit tired, had trouble sleeping, and my endurance was ebbing. But one measurable thing really stood out, that that was my blood pressure started “Peaking High.” Normally my blood pressure at my age and weight would be considered on the low side, i.e., 150/60. A week to 2 weeks from the relapse it (especially at night), it started the peaking at 190/80’s. My wife is a (retired) RN Nurse practioneer and thought that was a significant indicator. Looking back a year (and prior to official diagnosis of CIDP) I experienced the very same symthoms. And I vaguely remember sleeping problems in May when I relapsed. I believe/feel this “Indicator” is going to be valueable to me in managing my CIDP, especially in raising a red flag and getting in to IV Roids to halt or actually prevent a full blown relapse, and insuing rehab hole.

My Friday appointment with my Head Neuro Doc in Seattle Friday, this will be discussion topic number 1.

Anyone else have or developed an “Early Warning System” for CIDP Relapses???

• December 6, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Yes I have an “early warning”. Mine is “pins and needles” in finger tips which if disregarded spreads up my hands and then is accompanied by leg weakness. After 19 years I have learned to heed the tingling and get IVIG or else slide down the slope to needing help to walk.