drug induced gbs

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2009 at 2:07 am

I am sorry but I cant let this go with out posting. after my bactrim reaction this fall led to my hospitalization.
      http://www.nowpublic.com/health/guillain-barre-syndrome

“Cross-reactions between penicillin and sulfa-drugs are common triggers of drug-induced GBS serum sickness, and fixed drug eruptions. Cipro and Septra DS have been implicated high on the order of major offenders in drug-induced GBS. It is also well documented that Cipro causes drug-induced serum sickness which can rapidly progress to Guillain-Barre syndrome. Bactrim has also been implicated high on the order of major offenders in drug-induced GBS.

Medications with drug-induced reduction of oxygen intake also become possible or contributing factors, or underlying causes of Guillain-Barre Syndrome, but are often misdiagnosed or overlooked as a cause. Vaccines, broad spectrum antibiotics, and “virus in stealth” (to help kill cancer cells) are themselves an onslaught on the immune system which can cause serum sickness leading to “provocation”, the hallmark of the Guillain-Barre syndrome.”