Do we still have Chatroom?

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2007 at 2:00 pm

I haven’t been able to access the chatroom for a couple of months now.
      Has it been closed? Could someone post the web address so I might copy/paste it for access? I used to have a chatroom button on the top right part of the pages — now it’s gone.
      Any help is really appreciated…
      thanks ski… :confused:

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2007 at 7:09 pm

Hi Ski,

We did have one, but lately I don’t think we do. What a shame because I enjoy talking to my friends here.

[B]Anyone, do we have a chat room?[/B]

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2007 at 2:13 pm

Hello,
      The chatroom was there when our forum was restored a year ago, after we were badly hacked. I think the chatroom was dropped because it was probably costly to maintain and no-one was showing an interest in it. I would go there different times, late/early, different days and no-one was ever there.

Maybe someone should take a poll now to find out if most of us want it back.

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2007 at 12:44 am

[B]It’s a shame that we don’t have the chat room anymore. It seems like we all miss it. I know that the many times I did log on there never was anyone there. We sure did have fun in the old chat room before the hacker days didn’t we? 🙁 [/B]

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2007 at 1:32 pm

thanks for your response…
      Never fails…
      Have something nice / useful and it’s the first to go…
      I guess one bad apple DOES ruin the barrel…
      I guess that’s to be expected in todays society…
      Thught it was just me…
      Take care all…
      ski…

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2007 at 10:30 pm

It is a pity about the chatroom. I used to go on every now and then and have spoken to people who suffer from CIDP and GBS from all over the world.

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2007 at 9:09 pm

I found if I just waited a bit, that someone would show up… Maybe it needed a sound effect to let others know when someone “came in”… **S**

Aimee

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2007 at 1:19 pm

[B]Go to the Main Forum, Liz posted a poll about the chat room and will forward it to the Foundation. Please vote what you would like.[/B]

• October 27, 2007 at 4:36 pm

I use to go on it and enjoyed it, but for some time there was never anyone on it. I just figured it was shut down. Joanalice

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2007 at 9:56 am

In light of the fact this has been brought up, it has come to the foundations attention and a statement has been made by our Executive Director concerning this issue.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Twenty-seven years ago, I founded the GBS (now GBS/CIDP) Foundation after my husband had GBS.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]The structure of the organization has been held up as a model for other patient groups.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Our 160+ chapters are not fundraising arms for us because we have never lost sight of our patients – our true goal and mission.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Our office is [U]very[/U] modest and until 2 years ago, this [U]international[/U] group only had three employees![/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]One and a half years ago, we were “hacked” on our website and discussion forum. It cost us $15,000 to $20,000 to restore our site to its’ original state. The perpetrator was from the chat room. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I cannot, in good conscience, take a chance to incur this devastation again. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Funds come from our membership, and until we become that financially huge, we must be frugal – i.e. research or chat room?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]At this time we allow the forum to serve the purpose of your interaction about GBS and CIDP with patients worldwide.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Estelle Benson[/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]GBS/CIDP Foundation International[/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Times New Roman]Executive Director[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Thank you for your understanding[/FONT]