Denied Social Security Twice!!!

• Anonymous
      November 27, 2007 at 5:14 pm

Hi everyone, I have just been denied Social Security for the second time. I guess it’s time to get a lawyer. Does anyone have any tips or advise, I’m starting to get extremely frustrated.

Thanks

• Anonymous
      November 27, 2007 at 10:19 pm

Keep copies of All paperwork, make sure All your Drs are onboard with your health problems. Get it in writing, make sure the Phrase-Can Not perform the job for 12 months or longer, be in the letters, by All drs involved. Don’t give up and keep All answers short and to the point-not too wordy, just state the facts and fill them out like it was your worst day in question. Lawyers are limited by law as to how much they can get from your settlement. I know how you feel, I’m going through similar problems. Don’t stress! Take Care.

• Anonymous
      November 29, 2007 at 8:46 am

When I filled out my forms I used the advice posted on the website: But you don’t look sick.com. They have a section related to social security on the message board. The gist of what I got from their advice is be factual. For Example: I can walk 5 feet with the assistance of a walker or I can lift 3 lbs. I cannot drive due to double vision. Hope this helps! 🙂

• Anonymous
      November 29, 2007 at 10:55 pm

Have you copied all your back-and-forth correspondence with SSA to your district Congressman? You’ll have to get a form from his/her office allowing them to investigate your case, but once that’s done, they’ll assign a caseworker to your problems and apply pressure to SSA where it hurts: Congressional oversight. So far this tactic has worked well for me in my battles with SSA over the past 8 years even though I moved and had to have two separate Congressmen involved.
      Good luck,

• Anonymous
      December 8, 2007 at 5:26 pm

I got denied twice also. First of all, they won’t even cosider you fo 6 mos. Then they will deny you, even though you can’t walk, and finally once ther doc seees how really bad ou are you might get lucky like me. ! and 1/2 years later. LOL. It’s really not funny when you think about the Cal. system. They will give it to you on the first day of diagnoses. HMMMM!!!!! Think we should take this to court or something. So many states have it sooooo bad. I wished I lived in Cal. when I got GBS. Haven’t met many people on the board who has. Let’s get a lobbiest on our board !!!!!!! HURRAY!!!!! Seriously, This seems to be a major problem with all of us. xoxoxoxoxoRoxie

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2007 at 2:52 pm

Get a lawyer who specializes in disability.

I applied, and was approved the first time….because I got a lawyer from get-go.

• Anonymous
      January 17, 2008 at 3:56 pm

[QUOTE=gbsbyron]Have you copied all your back-and-forth correspondence with SSA to your district Congressman? You’ll have to get a form from his/her office allowing them to investigate your case, but once that’s done, they’ll assign a caseworker to your problems and apply pressure to SSA where it hurts: Congressional oversight. So far this tactic has worked well for me in my battles with SSA over the past 8 years even though I moved and had to have two separate Congressmen involved.
      Good luck,[/QUOTE]

That is great advise I plan on sending my Congressman a letter ASAP.

• Anonymous
      January 17, 2008 at 7:26 pm

I started another thread on this in the main forum. They approved me after 10 mounths. I did stay on them and had all the right paper work and all the med recs but I think the most important thing was the nerve condution test.It came back way abnormal. I think another important thing was I poured concrete for a living and I darn sure can’t do that any more. Keep after them all the time find out who your case worker is and stay on em. I did threaten them with a attorney. Hang in there and I hope that if works out. I did see on the news that they are looking into why it takes so long for people and the head guy says that they are trying to fix it. I do think that calling your state senetor may be important. I hope it all works out for you.

Joseph

• Anonymous
      January 18, 2008 at 3:03 pm

I’m with you guys, we really need a system that works better and faster. I was denied being disabled a few weeks ago. SS says I can do my govt job because of all the wrong facts they somehow read. They said they recd all the records and made a decision based upon what they read in those records. Well later in the letter they stated who they recd records from, well guess what it was only 2 Drs. One dr was one I saw 1 time, he didn’t even ask me a question about what was happening or take any history from me as to what the problem was/is. The other Dr is my pcp, who sent them everything plus more in my favor. They made sooo many mistakes on my denial letter, starting with the job I did, wasn’t even close, the fact that I can’t lift/carry, walk any distance without a device, sit or stand longer than 8 mins without difficulty etc was not on there, in fact just the opposite was on it. And the dx weren’t even close to all my health issues. I don’t know who or where to turn for help, I do rec a disability check from the state job, so I don’t qualify for more income from SS, but I need SS to get disability medical help. My hubby is still unemployed from a layoff and we can’t afford an attourney and we don’t qualify for assistance because we make too much for aid by just a couple $s. I’m going to do some digging to see if I can get my congress people involved, I just hope it isn’t in vain like all the rest of this hoop jumping stuff has been.