Cruising to Alaska Next Week

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2007 at 1:26 pm

Next Saturday (May 12th) we leave on a 12 day cruise to Alaska,
      via the Inside Passage.

This one is a little different than the one we took last year (11 months ago)…
      this time we leave from San Francisco and return to Vancouver…..
      then we’re driving back home, no more flying for us “until further notice”…..

It’s the same ship too, the [I]Seven Seas Mariner[/I]. All the cabins are
      suites, and this time we opted for one with butler service
      (they even unpack and re-pack our suitcases).
      The food is all “gourmet”, and one of the restaurants is run by the famous
      [I]Le Cordon Bleu[/I] of Paris.

Last year I took 3,700 photos! I have no intention of repeating that!
      I’m hoping to take no more than 3,699.

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/61/178832904_6011cd42c5_o.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2007 at 4:42 pm

That trip sounds AWESOME Ken. will you drop by my house and pick me up?!:D you need to look at the amount of pics as a positive thing Ken, increase as you feel you can handle it!;) the more the merrier is what i always say when it comes to taking pics, especially of Alaska!:)

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2007 at 8:08 pm

[QUOTE=angel2ndclass22699]That trip sounds AWESOME Ken. will you drop by my house and pick me up?!:D you need to look at the amount of pics as a positive thing Ken, increase as you feel you can handle it!;) the more the merrier is what i always say when it comes to taking pics, especially of Alaska!:)[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Cheryl!

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2007 at 5:59 pm

ken,

time to gain a pound a day. have a great time.

gene

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2007 at 8:58 pm

[QUOTE=gene]ken,

time to gain a pound a day. have a great time.

gene[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Gene! You’re not kidding……I gained about 12 pounds on the last cruise and I was determined to lose it before the next one….I was so “determined” that I not only [U]didn’t[/U] lose that 12 pounds, I gained some more! 😮

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2007 at 7:54 am

Ken I can’t wait to see your pictures. I have enjoyed your previos postings.

Have a great trip!

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2007 at 10:10 am

Ken that trip sounds wonderful, hope you guys have a safe trip and a wonderful time.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2007 at 12:13 pm

[QUOTE=JanB]Ken I can’t wait to see your pictures. I have enjoyed your previos postings.

Have a great trip![/QUOTE]
      Thank you Jan! When we leave SF we sail under the Golden Gate Bridge….
      and I’ll likely shoot 200+ photos!

I’ll have to run to the stern to get some from that vantage too! I’m
      exhausted just thinking about it (and exhilarated too)!

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2007 at 12:16 pm

[QUOTE=Jerimy]Ken that trip sounds wonderful, hope you guys have a safe trip and a wonderful time.

Jerimy[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Jerimy! Last time my wife was freaking out when I was leaning way over the rail for some shots! I’m NOT going to do that again…..it freaked me out afterwards!

Like for this one….

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/1/189282500_e016a6b452_o.jpg[/IMG]

• May 7, 2007 at 12:45 pm

Your trip sounds exciting, we just returned from the Bahamas. Maybe I could pick your brain about both of your Alaska trips, as we were thinking of going in the next couple of years. Have a great time and I look forward to viewing your pictures! Dawn Kevies mom:o

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2007 at 3:53 pm

Sounds terriffic, Ken. On Thursday of this week, hubbie and I are gong Halibut fishing. We’ll be 25 miles off the Oregon / Washington coast, so we’ll be “out there.” Hope to have some great photos to share from that trip.

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2007 at 3:58 pm

[IMG]http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/vmac3205/BadHector.jpg[/IMG]

Easter eggs from Russia (including the trip) $2000
      Package of Peeps $0.50
      Look on Hector’s face when he knew he was busted – priceless

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2007 at 7:34 pm

[QUOTE=Dawn Kevies mom]Your trip sounds exciting, we just returned from the Bahamas. Maybe I could pick your brain about both of your Alaska trips, as we were thinking of going in the next couple of years. Have a great time and I look forward to viewing your pictures! Dawn Kevies mom:o[/QUOTE]
      Be happy to tell you all I know (if you have a minute)….:rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2007 at 8:17 pm

Have an awesome trip ! By, the way, wanted to let you know I enjoyed your pics from Scottsdale. My all time favorite place in the world. I have stayed at Regal McCormack ranch, Marriott Camelback, Sunburst, and a few others that for whatever reason has just slipped my mind ! But, they were fantastic and I cant wait to go again. We always go to Tempe to Long Wongs…they have the best wings around.

I hate when I forget the names of places.

But, when I remember, I will let you know. In the mean time, bon voyage !

Stacey

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2007 at 12:19 am

[QUOTE=ConnorZmom]Have an awesome trip ! By, the way, wanted to let you know I enjoyed your pics from Scottsdale. My all time favorite place in the world. I have stayed at Regal McCormack ranch, Marriott Camelback, Sunburst, and a few others that for whatever reason has just slipped my mind ! But, they were fantastic and I cant wait to go again. We always go to Tempe to Long Wongs…they have the best wings around.

I hate when I forget the names of places.

But, when I remember, I will let you know. In the mean time, bon voyage !

Stacey[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Stacey! I’ll have to try Long Wongs (I’m resisting any attempt at humor here……) next time I’m there! We’ll be going every year to meet with my brother and his wife while they are there vacationing.

Long Wong’s
      820 South Mill Avenue
      Tempe, AZ 85281
      (480) 894-2200

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2007 at 8:19 am

that’s right…Long Wongs on South Mills Ave …

yes, the humor is definitely on the mind.

🙂

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2007 at 10:44 am

Hey ken,

I did it!! I bought a new Nikon D40 last night. Woo Hoo, the battery just ended the charging cycle so I can install everything. I’m SO excited.