Cornell ????

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2006 at 8:20 am

Has anyone been to Cornell in Manhattan (Madison Ave.)? I have an appt next week and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the neurologists there.

Brenda

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2006 at 10:04 am

hi brenda,

is this it? if so, some gbser likes them. take care. be well.

Dr. Latov and Dr. Chin are in the Peripheral Neuropathy Center, which is affiliated with Weill-Cornell Medical College and N.Y. Presbyterian Hospital. They are leaders in the field of CIDP research. Each time I have gone there, I have seen others receiving IVIg. They also have a very kind and professional staff, which counts for a lot these days. Here is their website: [url]http://wo-pub1.med.cornell.edu/cgi-…eral+Neuropathy[/url]

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2006 at 1:06 pm

Thanks Gene. That is the place. I have been to a few other places and have not been happy with any so far. I am hoping this time will be the charm. I have yet to meet a neuro who knew anything about “maintanence” IVIG. They all just keep saying treat when needed (every 4-5 months) with inpatient IVIG. Damage is already done by then 😡 I am encouraged that they have a knowledge of CIDP. Thanks for the input!

Brenda

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2006 at 12:09 am

good luck Brenda, we will keep you in our prayers. Glad to see you havn’t given up.

Sherry