Cordizone shots

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2007 at 7:03 pm

My neuroligst want to give ma a Cordizone shot for my back. I have inflamed tendons pinching a nerve. Has anyone had Cordizone I am recovering from GBS and thank you everyone for replys (Steve)

• June 22, 2007 at 7:41 pm

I do not have gbs or cidp, my son does. However, I have had cortizone shots to my back and feet. The ones to my back were a result of two herniated disks. The shots were done three different times by an anesthesiologist. THEY WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!! I went from barely being able to walk to hardly any problems by the second shot. That was about 8 years ago this July. The cortisone shots in my feet to break up calcifications DID NOT WORK! I ended up getting surgery on my feet. Good luck! Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2007 at 7:49 pm

I bruised the planar tendon on the bottom of my right foot. The doctor gave me a shot of Cordizone in the heal [pushed needle down to the bone and then pulled back slightly] Well, if found out that the CIDP is good for something. I didn’t feel the shot.

The shot helped the pain. It took about three months for the tendon to heal completely

Good luck

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2007 at 3:11 pm

I do not have GBS/CIDP, my husband did. But I have had cortisone injections for my lumbar spinal stenosis. Works wonders.

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2007 at 5:21 pm

Before GBS I had a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder. At one point I couldn’t even move my arm. An Orthopedist misdiagnosed and treated with cortisone+ shots….

After a year of this my regular doctor told me to find anyone I wanted to go to. I went to the team Orthopedist for the Saint Louis Rams!

It only took one more MRI and a subsequent “shot” administered by a radiologist using a live x-ray to guide a long needle deep into my shoulder joint. By the time I was home I was fine, and had no more trouble.

Recently I did slightly re-injure that shoulder by being stupid.