Coping with it all

• Anonymous
      September 17, 2007 at 12:48 pm

I just don’t know what to do anymore. This weekend, we went on a family camp trip to knoebels in PA. I had a wonderful time, even forgot for awhile about the whole gbs thing… Except for the chest pain which has been acting up for a few days now. Even the vertigo feeling stayed at bay. My prob is, I have not been diagnosed with anything causing these conditions and I have been suffering for many months now. I see a new neuro weds, finally after waiting many months, and I am going back to my gp tomorrow for the chest pain (again). I have had a stress test, blood work and 2 ekgs this year. However no pictures of the chest yet except xray. So I am waiting. I am going to make them order chest MRI. I can ride a bike, etc without getting winded. I really dont think its my heart, but when I get sharp pains, it drives me nuts. Sometimes I wonder if its fibromyalgia. And the vertigo, I would like a doc’s diagnosis. I diagnosed myself. It would be nice to get meds. I also think i need some anxiety meds too. I really hate this! I want to have some endurance to keep up w/those my age and my kids all the time. I am so sorry you all have to hear me whine. I just cant deal with this myself anymore. I have no one to talke to but you all.

• Anonymous
      September 17, 2007 at 3:44 pm

Cara.
      I have you in my prayers and thoughts. I had chest pains on and off for over 12 years. They would come then go for months and months. My Dr said it was from stress and tried meds. It came back next we said it was anxeity and treated that and it came back. Finally we felt we had it. heart Burn. Wellllllllllll it wasn’t that either. I had a stress test 4 yrs ago and passed it 100%. Finally I had another stress test and failed it totally. I have blockage in 3 vanes and had to have surgery.They finally found it with a heart cath. I had had angina all those yrs and didn’t know it.
      Cara keep after the Doctors till they can give you an answer. I have always said that our bodys tells us something is happening before it really gets bad. Please find out. (Steve)

• September 18, 2007 at 8:22 pm

Let theim check you out very well, this is not normal not even though we have had GBS and have resudals from it. you are in my prayer and please let us know what the doc says. I know it hurt our souls so much when we have to walk from one doc to other and every one say we are ok, and we are not. We know more about what is normal for us then some doc that see us maby one´s or twice. And chest pain are things that should be check out very well.
      xoxoxoxoxoxoo
      Helga

• Anonymous
      September 20, 2007 at 2:00 pm

Good news from neuro – he believes I have recovered from GBS almost completely – also he does not believe I have a permanent nerve damage. He thinks the vertigo is coming from still being slightly off balance. So we are doings some vestibular therapy. He is also encouraging me to go back and finish nursing school! I need to f/u w/ a cardiologist for the chest pain too, even though both docs believe it is a deep muscle causing the problem, and also that I am getting migraines. I just may return to nursing after all!!

• September 20, 2007 at 4:42 pm

What great news. I am so happy for you!!! I bet when you finish nursing school you will be the best most compassionate nurse ever, because you understand!!!!
      Sincerely Dawn Kevies mom 😮