clovis

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2006 at 4:26 pm

Has anyone had a problem with clovis before and if you had does it get better? I am having a little trouble with bringing my foot up. Thanks.

Steven

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 2:26 pm

I may be stupid but what is clovis?:D

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 2:30 pm

Hi Steven,

I have never heard the word clovis used in GBS/CIDP. Are you referring to “drop foot”?

Frank had to learn in therapy how to bring both his feet up when walking, if he didn’t he would fall. His never got better.

I’m hoping someone else will give the answer you’re looking for if I didn’t.

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 6:45 pm

Clovis is when you sit down on the edge of your bed or couch and streach your legs with your toes pointed forward and bring them up till they point to the ceiling. Now the clovis part is if your feet shake or tremor while you are bringing them up. Part of it has to do with muscles that are not devoleped yet. Yes it has some to do with drop foot. When I walk with forearm crutches I have no drop foot though. Take care.

Steven

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2006 at 11:37 am

Thank you Steven for giving me the meaning of clovis. I just never heard that word used here before that I can remember. So you see how we learn new things here. That’s why this web site is a God’s send to patients and caregivers. 🙂