cipd and herpes virus?

• Anonymous
      August 26, 2010 at 9:19 am

I was just reading about a possible relationship to the herpes virus. This made me curious b/c I have a long history of cold sores/fever blisters that get pretty big on my face. I’m wondering if anyone else has this as part of their background or if it could just be coincidence.

Erin

• Anonymous
      August 26, 2010 at 11:23 am

Erin,

I would be interested to see if they are linked…I get the occasional cold sore.

• Anonymous
      August 26, 2010 at 11:29 am

I have GBS and also have a long history of fever blisters and cold sores.
      Don’t know if there is a relationship with GBS and herpes virus.
      What I do know is in my case there has to be a relationship to chemicals and herpes virus. Everything with chemicals (fabric softeners, perfumes, cleaners, scented bath soaps, laundry detergents, dish liquids, new clothes smells, air fresheners, the list goes on) if I am around these smells my tongue and throat burns, the lips swell and hurt, I get headaches and within one or two days I get the fever blisters. It is usually one or two fever blisters.
      I have had two breakouts where the lips were covered with blisters. The first time was a job I had working with cosmetics and perfumes, had to quit the job because of it. The second time was in the hospital when I first got GBS. I was out of it because of all the drugs I was given, during this time hospital staff was around me with with chemical smells on their bodies and clothes, the soap they used on me was scented and the washcloths and towels smelled of bleach. My niece tried to tell them they could not use scented soaps and how smells bothered me to no avail. It was horrible the blisters covered my lips and would break open and seep blood constantly.
      After being transfered to another hospital the staff did not have harsh smells on and used unscented disposable heavy wipes on me. My husband brought in my unscented soap, towels, washcloths and night clothes. The blisters then started healing.
      I have often wondered if it is the chemicals that cause the blisters or do the chemicals set off something in my own body chemistry to cause the blister?
      I’m sorry my post is long but your thread has given me the chance to vent on this subject.
      I have had more understanding on my GBS than I have ever had when I tell people how chemical smells bother me and what they do to me.

Thank you for letting me vent.
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2010 at 10:53 pm

I am just recovering from a fever blister on my lip. I get them when I get
      too much sun. Haven’t had one in a few years and used to occasionally only
      get them from being in sun all day on a boat. This time I spent 2 hrs in sun and got one. It was the longest I have spent in sun all summer because of
      the heat.

Miss Judy