CIPD and Bone pain

• Anonymous
      May 27, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Hi all…. I was diagnosed last August with CIPD. Although I have done fairly well with Solumedrol, Neurontin and Cymbalta, I have complaints often with discomfort in my bones. My ribs, back, and thumb joints are the worse. They hurt when I push on them as though they are bruised very badly. This started shortly after I was diagnosed. Anyone else had this happen?

• Anonymous
      May 27, 2009 at 7:20 pm

Sorry for all of the mispelling….must be really tired tonight…and..I am not sure why i am listed as a junior member as I am 61 😀

• Anonymous
      May 27, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Hi Gammy, This also happened to me back when I started with CIDP. The doctors finally diagnosed it as acute rheumatoid arthritis. I would suggest that you ask you doc to send you to a rheumatoidologist (sp) to get checked out.

Keep you chin up and laugh as much as you can.
      Hugs to you Pam

• May 28, 2009 at 12:01 am

Hi Gammy,
      You are kind of in a pickle, one of the tests to dx RA or Lupus is a test called ANA, the problem is ivig alters those results. Don’t know if solumedrol would have the same affect on the test. Coincidentally, I too (do not have cidp, my 12 y/o does) have had hand pain recently much like you describe. It lasted for about 2 months in my index finger and changed in the degree of pain and movement throuout that time frame. Because ana and other blood work indicative of inflamatory process was ok, the doc said at this point, probably connective tissue disease which later could turn into ra, lupus, sjrojens (spelling) It has resolved itslef now, but moved to my thumb. Just an idea, not sure if it is what you are experiencing. Good luck!
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2009 at 6:52 am

Bone pain can be caused by several things. Lupus, RA, Scleroderma, Lymes, Cancer and there are several different kinds of Arthritis that can cause this. An ANA is a dagnostic test for Lupus but that test alone does not always diagnose Lupus. Certain diseases you have to reach a Criteria in order to be diagnosed. But it would pay to mention this to your doctor. Even Gout can cause bone pain! Let your doctors know! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      May 30, 2009 at 11:52 pm

Gammy5

When I walk on my feet, they feel as though I am walking on stones. It hurts right down to the bone. I can identify with your pain. I don’t know why it is so bad. I wish I could help, but you are not alone.

Dick S

• Anonymous
      May 31, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Tammy I think you are listed as a junior because of how many posts you have. I think when you have at least 100 posts you become a member. I am not for sure how many posts you have to have to become a senior member.