CIDP suffers, flu shot, yea or nay?

• October 4, 2017 at 8:16 pm

I know some theories suggest that CIDP could have been triggered by immunizations or boosters.

So, what is your personal approach or opinion on getting the flu shot?

Thanks,

Bryan

• October 4, 2017 at 9:49 pm

Good question.

I got the flu shot a few weeks before my CIDP kicked in a couple of years ago. Last year and this year my neuro has said don’t get it.

Yet at last years conference from what I heard and at a regional symposium last month, the medical panelists during Q&A said they had no reason not to get it.

So, Im not quite sure what to do.

• GH
      October 4, 2017 at 10:24 pm

Coincidentally, I just got my flu shot today. I get the Fluzone High Dosage version. I had never had a flu shot before getting CIDP but now I get it every year.

• October 5, 2017 at 1:39 pm

The flu shot gave me CIDP so I will never get it again nor my family. Something in the flu shot caused my immune system to go crazy and attack my nerves. So no, not for me.

• GH
      October 5, 2017 at 5:14 pm

There is a great deal of discussion in the Vaccine Reactions forum of this website, by the way.

• October 7, 2017 at 1:45 pm

I would NEVER get another Flu shot or a Pneumonia shot. I have made inquiry -even with the Government and they cannot give me a definitive yes or no – I would not take the chance. It is better not to aggravate my CIDP and I feel the chances of getting the flu is low. A definite nay!