CIDP Cause – did you have an implant?

• April 5, 2020 at 9:58 am

I have been asking myself how is it possible that my body would attack itself. I would never harm myself. I am an intelligent individual, with a very strong immune system, how is it possible that my cells would get confused???

Then one night, I can’t sleep, it is 3 in the morning, and I got up and went to watch some TV. Turned on Netflix, and I saw a documentary show called “Diagnosis”. I snooped about the episode’s themes, and I saw one that matched my symptoms. I watched it. The next time I saw my neurologist, I asked her to rule out CIDP. She could not.

Because of me waking up in the middle of the night, I was able to discover the reason of my illness in record time – 2 to 3 months, and after my 6th IVIG treatment, I now have little symptoms and can have an almost normal life. But the question remained “how could I attack myself… I would never ever ever do that…” Then I woke up again in the middle of the night, this time with what I think the answer could be: An implant.

A few years ago, I had surgery to remove a pinched nerve, and the surgeon did a “fusion” on my cervical 6 & 7 by putting a titanium piece to my spinal cord. The surgery was successful and never caused trouble.

I also had “bone” implanted in my mouth, to create the foundation for a tooth implant. I had the “screw” for the crown implanted later, that I now know it perforated my sinus cavity, that also failed, and that now needs to be removed.

Could one of these two implants be causing my body to attack itself, as it detects them as foreign objects, and causing the myelin sheet to be collateral damage? If I am right, I figure that other people with CIDP should have had a bone implant, tooth implant, or any other implant, which would also explain why our decease is so rare.

I am wondering if any of you have had implants in your body, of any kind, before being diagnosed with CIDP. Even if you don’t have any implants, your answer would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for sharing.