CIDP and H1N1 Flu Vaccine

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2009 at 9:28 pm

I’m wondering what people are hearing about whether or not people with GB and CIDP should get the vaccine. Our immunologist has recommended the H1N1 vaccine but still advises against the seasonal flu vaccine.

• Anonymous
      October 29, 2009 at 1:28 am

I saw the neuro last week and was told not to have the H1n1 vaccine

• Anonymous
      October 29, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Good Question…I am wondering if I should have it as well.

What are peoples thoughts?

I am confused as I have monthly IVIG

Rhonda from Canada

• Anonymous
      October 29, 2009 at 10:51 pm

My daughter’s neurologist said that if cidp people want to get either vaccine that they could try but that he did not believe that being on ivig that antibodies would be made so it was kind of a risk for nothing. He said that in a way, ivig people may benefit because they have immunities from lots of people who have donated their antibodies to you. He said that one or more of those people could have given you immunities to H1N1. I thought it was kind of interesting.

• Anonymous
      November 3, 2009 at 10:07 am

My son just went to his neur yesterday and he definatly said no to the vaccine. He also said that the flu vaccine will not work on people if they are taking IVIG, you need to be off the IVIG for 6 months before any vaccine will even work. With my son having CIDP I dont want him to be the 1 in a million again.
      Thank you
      Wendy