cidp and digestive issues

• July 8, 2018 at 6:25 pm

Hi everyone. Almost 18 months since my diagnosis. Get Ivig (Gamunex) infusions once every three weeks. While every week seems to be different I do pretty well or I have at least gotten used to the issues, for me, mainly the sometimes bad inflammation in upper thighs. I recently have noticed that while I have gained a small pouch 🙂 my upper stomach seems to be tight or bloated after meals. Digestion is not a major problem but just find the new stomach issue odd and wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue. I know the stomach has lots of nerves and wonder if this could be related to the cidp. I still take lyrica 3 times a day, but have never had any side affects from it and it keeps my nerve activity at bay. I am 62. Any thoughts?

• July 10, 2018 at 1:25 pm

Hello fellow,
      I am 66 now and have suffered from digestive issue since childhood. My digestive issues have gotten much better over the years once I studied what bothered and what helped my system. For me I need lots of fiber in my diet and never overeat, eat smaller meals and snack inbetween, eat yogurt, never drink milk [used to be lactose intolerent but may not be now but haven’t drank any milk in more than 20 years]. I was not diagnosised with CIDP until last year and get Gamunex two days every 3 weeks. I will soon be trying to go 4 weeks between treatments. The only side effect I really got was extreme fatigue for 3 to 4 days after 2nd day treatment. A few months ago i reduced my dosage by 25% and have maintained my initial symptom improvements. Since the reduction in dosage I am not as fatigued and can survive going to work after the infusions. I could not go to work on the previous dosage. My diagnosis is complicated by the fact that my nurolosist won’t rule out having also early Parkenson’s.