CIDP and Bikram Yoda. Good idea?

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2010 at 12:06 am

Hi eveyone! I have a little update. Today is two weeks to the day that I received the last of my 5 day, 35 gram a day loading dose and although I woke up at 5pm, I woke up without FOGHEAD!! Yeah! Isn’t it great!? I finally feel like the fog has been lifted from my face! I mean I literally felt like I was walking around with this dark cloud over my entire head. Well, this afternoon, It left! Bye, Bye, Please don’t come back!!! My fever has left! It has been 3 days since my last fever! I still have the pain though and loss of strenght. The pain is really bad at my waist. It just feels like someone is kicking my from behind and they are stomping me at the waist on the backside. I am trying topical ointments now along with the Opana that was RX’d, but still haven’t found any pain relleif.
      I have decided to get these rusted old nerves and bones of 34 to start heading and healing in the right direction. Afterall, If I am going to hurt, shouldn’t the pain be to my benefit (from excersising)? Before I became ill. I used to love to take Bikram Yoga classes. Bikram isn’t for a meditation yoga fan, it is intense, moves pretty fast and the room is set at 105 degrees F for the hour and a half that you are doing it. I always loved the fact that the room was so hot because I knew I was sweating out my toxins. Now, I am sweating all the time regardless and I mean big time sweating. I am hoping that if I sweat for an hour and a half of the bikram yoga, maybe I will be able to sweat out all the crap that my body keeps trying to spew out of my body, but in a controlled enviroment and not at a parent teacher conference:o .
      Has anyone taken these classes having CIDP or know anyone who has? What kind of results were noticed? Ups and downs?
      I just need to commit to doing some sort of excersice after gaining those 40 pounds since December when I was put on Lyrica and Cymbalta. The extra 40 pounds is making my feet hurt SO MUCH!:eek: I only talk about Bikram, because I like it and I know that you are more likely to stick to a diet/excersice regimen if you are enjoying what you are doing and I sure do enjoy Bikram.:D
      Any advice, as always, would be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks!!!!!

• Anonymous
      June 24, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Hello, welcome to your GBS/CIDP family. All I can say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOW you can exersize!!! If you can do that, go for it! It is a good idea to keep moving while you can, keep in mind you will pay dearly for it. Oh the things I took for granted, walking, using my hands, putting on makeup, fixing my hair etc. I do miss my body, however I have greived for the loss of it & have embraced my new life, Praise the Lord!
      Go for it! God Bless you!
      Love & gentle hugd, smitty

• Anonymous
      June 27, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I lean toward being safe… try a short version of this first. As many of us say, our minds want to do things that our new bodies can no longer tolerate. Plan a good rest period afterwards and keep us updated!

• Anonymous
      June 28, 2010 at 11:10 am

I agree with Chrissy…you don’t want to overdo it and have a relapse. Maybe start out with something more low-key and work your way up.

• June 28, 2010 at 2:09 pm

You could try the yoga and see how it feels. Don’t overdo anything, but a little exercise of some kind can help the ligaments, joints and tendons.
      I truly wish you well and will pray for you.

• Anonymous
      June 28, 2010 at 5:12 pm

You all were right! My mind wants to do things my body isn’t ready for, and may never be ready for again. I cleaned out my closet last week. It took about 2 hours. The movement of raising my arms and pulling hangers out of my closet made me relaspe:( I spent the next 4 days in bed, in pain and immobile. Yoga, yeah right, I can’t even blow dry my hair without severe pain. What was I thinking? I guess it was wishful thinking. Thank you all for your advice. Because of it, I didn’t jump into yoga and just cleaned out my closet. Had I taken a yoga class, I would have most likely ended up in the hospital. Thanks again for keeping me grounded without deflating my balloon:)
      Hugs and kisses, Flo

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Glad you didn’t jump into yoga!
      Love, smitty

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2010 at 3:19 pm

So sorry you found out the hard way… we are human and tend to be stubborn. Most people on this site with say GBS is for Getting Better Slowly. And rest, rest, and get more rest. This is a very lonely and boring illness we are all dealing with. That’s why this site is so very important in my life. We understand. Its about my time for a nap this hot summer day!