Chatroom

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2007 at 12:33 pm

DO YOU WANT TO HAVE A CHATROOM LIKE WE USED TO HAVE ON THE OLD FORUM AND WILL YOU USE IT? We have been advised that it may put us at a greater risk to be hacked.

1. YES
      2. NO
      3. MAYBE

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2007 at 7:07 pm

Yes, as often as I can.

Tonya Correll

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2007 at 7:39 pm

Maybe,

1. My typing is so slow that real time communications may be next to impossible.
      -Does any know if this site will work with Dragon Naturally Speaking 9?
      –That could solve the typing speed.

2. I’m concerned about the risk the site being hack again. I just found the site a day or so before it went down last time. I’m not sure I want to go through that again.
      -Is there any way to insure a more secure chat room without destroying the ease of use for the members?

Chatroom????

• Anonymous
      June 26, 2006 at 2:48 pm

Am I just dumb I can’t figure out how to get in the chat room. am I missing something??????
      Lea

• Anonymous
      June 26, 2006 at 4:02 pm

Dear Lee:

You aren’t dumb. The path to the chatroom isn’t as obvious as one would hope.

Go to [url]www.gbs-cidp.org[/url].

Click on the ‘Chatroom’ icon at the upper left hand side of the GBSFI home page.

A ‘Flashchat Introduction Screen’ will appear.

On the right hand side of the “USER NAME” dialogue box, in blue letters is bit of text which says “Register now”. Click on ‘register now’ and a form will pop up, asking for your name, email adrress and a few other bits of information. Fill out the form completely.

Lee

Chatroom

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 8:11 am

I was just wondering if I am not seeing it or what, But I don’t see a chat-room if this is just me will someone enlighten me.
      LEA

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 8:31 am

Hi,
      I don’t see a chatroom either, so I guess we’re not not seing anything. They are probably still re-building and may want to give us catagories first.
      Liz

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 9:27 am

Dear Friends:

The good news is that you can still get to the chatroom by going directly to the GBSFI home page at [url]www.gbs-cidp.org[/url] and then click on the ‘chatroom’ icon at the upper left hand side of the page. The bad news is that it is under construction and clicking the icon does nothing for you except display a coffee cup. Oh well, as far as coffee cup graphics, it’s a doozy.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 10:51 am

The new forums are still very much a work in progress, keep posting about stuff that is missing or improvements needed.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 4:51 pm

Are you writing them all down, Jerimy..???? 🙂 I have always thought you were connected to the tech part of the website… Are you..???

Aimee

• Anonymous
      June 24, 2006 at 9:00 pm

[COLOR=red]I can’t log in or use the chatroom, oh well[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      June 24, 2006 at 9:29 pm

No I only help keep an eye on things and notify the appropriate people when we have issues. But that’s it, I can’t change anything or do anything beyond that.

Jer

• Anonymous
      June 24, 2006 at 9:55 pm

Dave,

You have to register yourself for the chatroom, even if you are registered for the forum. hope that helps

• Anonymous
      June 24, 2006 at 10:30 pm

how do we register for the chat rooms? I must have missed this one before.

• Anonymous
      June 25, 2006 at 1:21 pm

Dear Stormy:

Go to [url]www.gbs-cidp.org[/url]. Click on ‘Chatroom’ at the upper left hand corner.

A flashchat welcome page comes up.

Just to the right of the place where you type in your user name is blue letters saying ‘register’. Click ‘register’ and a query page comes up.

I hope this helps.

Lee