Charles from SC

• Anonymous
      March 10, 2008 at 1:23 am

Just wondering how your Lumbar Puncture went and how you’re doing?
      Linda

• Anonymous
      March 10, 2008 at 9:42 pm

L Cala, I got behind on things when the forum went down. I meant to post how it went sooner. The LP was …. uncomfortable, but not unbearable. Not something that I would want to do on a regular basis, but not as bad as I anticapated. Whew!
      I just got a call yesterday from the Neuro’s automated appointment scheduler, saying that I have an appointment Wednesday. I was so glad to get that call, because I was REALLY getting upset. My next appointment was not until April 6th, and I did not want wait that long to find out something. I’m hoping that the results will confirm that the cidp is active, and I can get started on the IVIG. My legs are really bothering me.The numbness and tingling is constant,and now when I’m tired, I don’t have the strength to stand up from a crouching position without holding onto something.
      So, I hope to get some anwsers wednesday.
      Thanks for asking.
      Charles

• Anonymous
      March 10, 2008 at 10:47 pm

Your in my prayers Charles, good luck at your appt. Wed. Please let us know how it goes.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Hi Guys, I saw my Neuro to review my lp results. It did not show any elevated protein in my spinal fluid.
      Because of the weakness that I am experiencing, coupled with the results of my nerve conduction and emg, he wants to start me on ivig. He has me scheduled for a 5 day course, which we will do once a month for the next five to six months to see how I respond. I am hoping to start this week.
      He also ordered a blood test that would show any paraproteins, to be done prior to the ivig .
      My concern is wheather my insurance (United HealthCare) will balk at paying for the ivig, with my cidp dx. I have not had any problem with them paying to date. Any one had any have any experience with UHC ? And do you think that the lp will be an issue? Doc says he will send results from nc (severe damage) and emg (some damage) if they question dx. Makes me nervous, considering the cost of treatments .
      I appreciate each of you for your willingness to share your victories as well as your struggles. When faced with the difficult circumstances that you face daily, it would be very easy to turn inward, and avoid participating in such a public forum. You each are a blessing!

Charles

• Anonymous
      March 17, 2008 at 12:57 am

Hi Charles,
      Glad to hear from you. It doesn’t seem like it should be a problem with the insurance just because of the LP result. Many of us don’t have positive results from the LP but still need the IVIG. I hope it helps you. Keep us posted.
      Linda

• Anonymous
      March 17, 2008 at 1:18 pm

We have UHC and they been paying for weekly IVIG treatments.