Cellcept users

• Anonymous
      August 24, 2009 at 12:16 am

I want to know how long you have been using Cellcept. Is there a point where the doctor will take me off it?

I have been on it for two and a half years and I have been doing very well for over a year and a half.

• Anonymous
      August 25, 2009 at 11:57 am

Hi There,

I am not on cellcept. I am intersted in understanding its use. My sister is starting post organ transplant. It is supposed to assist with pred to stave off
      rejection. They told her it will probably be life long drug. Not sure of the dose yet because she just went through the surgery.

Told her about the CIDP folks using it as well. the best i have gathered it is more of a combination therapy, NO?–tim–

• Anonymous
      August 26, 2009 at 6:19 am

Usually used in CIDP in combination with IVIG, with hopes to get the patient off of IVIG infusions.

Totally different in organ transplant rejection.

• Anonymous
      August 26, 2009 at 1:33 pm

I think the latest reports say that the effect questionable i.e. works in less than 20% of people taking Cellcept for CIDP.
      Laurel

• August 26, 2009 at 5:16 pm

At the Fall 2008 symposium in Chicago, it was suggested that cell cept causes CNS involvement and that doctors are no longer using it as they used to.
      Dawn Kevies mom