Caysens going to hospital

• Anonymous
      April 6, 2010 at 8:55 am

Thanks to all your suggestions and information we are headed back to the hospital for a loading dose of ivig. Its been 2 weeks since we finished the last. It took 2 phone calls to get thru to the dr. but we are on our way. Got to run, will give details when I can get back to a computer. Wish us luck!

• April 6, 2010 at 9:21 am

Hi Caysens nana,
      So glad you are going to the hospital. Make sure to ask that they keep the infussion rate slow. This will help with the sideaffects. Premedication also will help (benadryl, tylenol motrin) As well, you could ask that solumedrol be given, it to will help with reactions. Usually the hospitals will have a little computer room, as well on the childrens floors they give computers out and video game units or dvd players. Make sure you get on the list to ask for one. I will private message you my number, call if you like. Keep us posted.

BTW, there is a localized spray they can put on his arm for access or the emla cream. Make sure to ask for it. While you have the doc there, you may want to ask about getting a port, do not let them do a broviac, infections can occur easily and it is not very realistic for a child.