!@#% Broken Foot

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2006 at 2:33 pm

Just wanted to reinforce to any of you with neuropathy in your feet who are also on Prednisone. I have been on Prednisone for 3+ years and am also on Calcium supplements and Fosamax. Well I broke my foot the other day, all I did was get tripped up in the carpet and my foot got caught. I limped around on it and finally went in today. It is broken and I am in a splint.

The moral of the story is to be careful if your on Prednisone and get your bone density tests. Even with the Fosamax and Calcium I still managed to break it.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2006 at 3:49 pm

Sorry about your foot, Jer. I was hoping it was just a sprain.

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2006 at 4:09 pm

That’s what you guess for chasing alll those women ๐Ÿ˜‰ Seriously, so sorry to hear this and I wonder if your bones heal even slower because of the meds?

I am fortunate to have drank tons of milk all my life and my bone density test this past year turned out normal. Of course, I’m not on steriods.

Take care Jerimy!

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2006 at 8:23 pm

Sorry you have to go through this during the holidays Jerimy. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sue

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2006 at 9:01 pm

Jerimy,

I’m sure a broken foot wasn’t on your Christmas list! Sorry to hear you got one anyway. Please take care of yourself and I hope you have a Merry Christmas anyway.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2006 at 10:06 pm

Hey jerimy,

I’m thinking misery loves company, dude. Cuz I ‘ve got a !@#% Broken Foot too. After falling twice in 2 days this past summer and rolling over my left ankle, I finally went to the podiatrist last week and she sent me for Xrays and an MRI. Found out at 3:45 today that it is a Jones fracture with torn ligaments and other soft tissue damage. I walked around on it in a compression bandage for the last 6 months thinking it would get better…not.

So glad you had the sense to go sooner.
      She said the fracture would eventually heal and shot me up with cortisone with analgesic in. Man this puppy is sore tonight but I can but my full weight on it again. Oh and I get to wear the pretty blue shoe. (That’s the reason I didn’t want to go in, absolutely hate the pretty blue shoe)

And you are right about the steroids and bone density, I didn’t know that until my new PCP asked me last year about how much and how long I had taken them. Immediatley scheduled a bone density, take Fosamax and extra calcium daily now.

Here’s hoping you heal fast so you can chase the women again!!!!

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2006 at 11:25 pm

[COLOR=”Purple”][SIZE=”2″]Hope your foot heals quickly, Jerimy. I think I’ll take the phrase “Give me a break” out of my vocabulary for awhile! Try to have a nice christmas…Here’s one from the tavern…[ATTACH]902[/ATTACH]Vicki[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      December 21, 2006 at 12:10 am

hey jerimy,
      sorry to hear about the foot. hope things heal up soon..

sherry

• Anonymous
      December 21, 2006 at 12:28 am

Now you guys know me, it will take alot more than an air cast to get me to stop chasing women. Natalie I am sorry to hear about your problems too, guess we deserve an extra round or two in the tavern, hope yours heals up quickly too, those Jones fractures can be a pain no pun intended. Thanks everyone for your well wishes ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      December 21, 2006 at 12:45 am

I have arthritis and I broke the Navicular bone in my foot while on Steroids. That little bone really hurt!
      My doc told me it is very easy to break bones while on them.
      I don’t take them anymore but I do take calcium to keep my bones strong and keep from Osteporosis, which is very prevalent in my family.
      So far, so good for me.

• Anonymous
      December 21, 2006 at 12:46 am

Jer,

I’m so sorry to hear about your foot! Nat, you too ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜ก .

My GBS, and all the other bad things always seemed to have happend over the Christmas period. I hope you guys have a really GOOD Holiday time regardless of what you are going through.

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2006 at 3:44 pm

jer, you know you broke your foot just so the girls will come to you!!!;) did you get tired of running after them, were they too fast for you?!:D just teasing jer! hugs hope you get better fast!:)

natalie, sorry to hear about your foot also. now how are you going to ride? i guess this means its up to me to get the chocolate!!! (you have to wait until i recover enough to be able to drive again, sorry!) do you want the usual or something different? hope your foot heals reall quick!

you both better stay out of the snow and ice-if we ever get some! BIG HUGS to both of YOU!!!

• December 23, 2006 at 4:10 pm

So sorry you have a broken foot. I twisted my foot on Dec. 11 and it is still sore. My PT said it wasn’t broken. I am so glad I had my Christmas shopping done and wrapped.

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2006 at 6:08 pm

OK ~ I’m ready to join you all! This past Wed. a.m. I became violently ill with food poisoning; most likely Norwalk virus. I will spare all the details but 1 ~ I passed out twice from pain with dry heaves . . . And I lost over 6 pounds in just 24 hours so am “valiantly” trying to rehydrate and take some nourishment, be it ever so little ๐Ÿ™ The medical people tell me that I’ll survive . . . Good thing my feelings don’t count at the moment ๐Ÿ˜€ Maybe in a couple of weeks I can meet Jeremy and Natalie in the tavern ~ do they still make “Shirley Temples”?? :p

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2006 at 7:04 pm

It looks like it comes along with taking steroids. In August 2005, I broke the bone coming from the small toe, didn’t realize it because of the neuropathy. It got infected, wound up with osteomylitis and had a small piece of the bone removed. Surgeon said he almost had to remove this whole bone, but took a chance and did not. Sure glad it didn’t do this. Everything okay now tho.

Ron

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2006 at 11:26 pm

Sorry, Jer, you broke your foot. Wish you a very Merry Christmas and a better 2007.

Peg

• Anonymous
      December 28, 2006 at 12:13 am

Judi, I’m so sorry you were so sick! I hope you’re feeling better again!

Love, Shannon

• Anonymous
      December 28, 2006 at 12:30 am

Yup you know me too well ๐Ÿ™‚

[quote=angel2ndclass22699]jer, you know you broke your foot just so the girls will come to you!!!;)[/quote]

Judi I hope your doing better, what an experience. Thanks everyone for your sympathy ๐Ÿ™‚ Sounds like broken bones are contagious among us, please be careful.

• Anonymous
      December 28, 2006 at 11:55 am

Thanks you guys! I am so much better but not back to GBS “normal”. My energy level has dropped way down and the legs are “buzzing” more than usual. Hey, it was a good time to remember how much I really have improved over the years!

As to everyone’s broken bones ~ remember that a cup of broccoli has more “usuable” calcium than a cup of milk. Good thing we’re not in the theater where they tell ya to “break a leg” ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Good wishes to all.

• Anonymous
      December 31, 2006 at 12:48 am

[B]Jer, how’s the old foot doing pal?[/B]

• Anonymous
      December 31, 2006 at 1:39 am

Good, I ditched the walking cast thingie, going commando now :p

• Anonymous
      December 31, 2006 at 12:53 pm

Eeeeek Jer ……… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• Anonymous
      December 31, 2006 at 3:05 pm

Jer,

I hope you mean commando on your foot. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      December 31, 2006 at 3:18 pm

I don’t know Donna, it would be a sight to see Jer going commando, anytime!!:D Hope your healing fast jer! and everyone else!!
      No Broken Bones in 07!!!

• Anonymous
      January 1, 2007 at 1:48 am

Jerimy,

Sorry to read about breaking your foot, things are tough enough. Glad you are recovering, and hope this no snow weather keeps up for us in Michigan.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! BUDDY! My prayers for you and all of us, for the world needs it too! Jerimy, I’ll give you call soon…Paul.

• Anonymous
      January 1, 2007 at 12:56 pm

Thanks for welcoming me back, forgot to put it on the other……DUH……..and sorry to hear about your leg, like,e we don’t have enough problems.

Neuropathy such fun…:mad: …. do not work on a garage roof without letting others know you have it or you might get your foot shot with a nail. I miss such “FUN” days.:rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      January 2, 2007 at 10:09 pm

Glad you’re walking without thingee, be careful and don’t trip again.

Peggy

• Anonymous
      January 3, 2007 at 12:00 am

Jeremy,
      I have broken bones 3 times in my feet since the summer of 2004, the latest was the day after Labor Day when I fractured my big toe & the one next to it. I was put in one of those open walking casts & told not to put any weight on it for 4-6 weeks. I lasted one day in that contraption & went back to my braces.
      I lasted 3 weeks of no walking, but when I had to go to my best friend’s daughter’s wedding, I refused to go in a wheelchair. I walked & even did one slow dance. I guess the not walking at all for 26 months & the steroids infusions for 21 months all took their toll on me. Glad I finally got off of those things in Feb of 2004! I tried taking Fossomax, but I read too many bad things about it, so I just try to take it easy…
      Pam

• Anonymous
      January 3, 2007 at 12:52 pm

Pam,

It really sucks that the treatment for one thing causes so many other issues. I will have to be more careful. Plastic padded bubble here I come.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      January 3, 2007 at 6:30 pm

Jerimy,

You are always the first to volunteer to help others, so wanted to tell you that I would be glad to help you, if there is anything I can do for you.

Congradulations on getting rid of the bubble cast.

Best wishes for a break-free New Year!

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      January 3, 2007 at 7:30 pm

Thanks Suzanne ๐Ÿ™‚