Bone pain.

• Anonymous
      November 24, 2006 at 12:01 am

Hi,

Just curious if any of you deal with bone pain. I have noticed off and on that I have pain in my right inner ankle bone. Not sure why. It seems to occur after sleeping. Anyone else deal with bone pain?

Caroline

• November 24, 2006 at 1:51 am

I do!! Mine is in my LEFT ankle area!! It feels as if it is the bone but then again it doesnt. It is so hard to explain exactly where or how it hurts because it doesnt hurt to touch or move it. But sometimes it hurts as if it is being or has been hit hard with a hammer and chisel. Sometimes the pain radiates up to my shin—along side of it.

• Anonymous
      November 24, 2006 at 2:58 am

yeap, quite abit. very painful!:( mine is in the right ankle /lower leg area.

• Anonymous
      November 24, 2006 at 9:40 am

I posed this question to Ben, and he says he has lower back pain when he wakes up. Nothing wrong with the ankles as far as pain is concerned, but last night I fell asleep at his feet on the couch, and when he was still asleep this morning, his feet were twitching pretty bad. When I woke him up to ask if he needed a Quinine, the twitching stopped. He said he hadn’t noticed it.

Shannon

• Anonymous
      November 24, 2006 at 3:09 pm

I have pain in my feet, almost all the time. I am also dealing with pain and stiffness in both my calves. As the cold weather set in, I am also noticing athritis-like pain in my hands – is this all expected? I was dx in sept ’06 and have been recovering extremely fast except for these symptoms. :confused:

• Anonymous
      November 24, 2006 at 3:17 pm

Left elbow, right wrist, neck and lower back.

• November 24, 2006 at 6:15 pm

just out of curiosity, was the side that you have pain in the side that was more affected with GBS or was it the opposite side?

The reason I ask is that a lot of literature says this is symmetrical…yet for me, one side seemed to have it worse than the other. Yes I had problems on both sides of my body, but the pain and weakness and such wasnt the same on both. The “bone pain” I have is in my left ankle, but my right leg and foot seemed to be weaker when I was at my worst.

Tell Ben he is not alone in the twitching dept. Some nights are worse for me and I apologize to my hubby and let him know if it bugs him I will scootch away from him. I dont know what happens once I am asleep but I know I have a lot of the muscle twitches during the day and before i go to sleep.

I would LOVE to know if anyone else has had problems with their neck and throat areas. Numbness, tightness (drives me insane!), that sort of thing.

• Anonymous
      November 25, 2006 at 1:10 am

Yes! My throat area gives me “trouble” and I find it unsettling. Some days I have to clear my throat over and over etc. And it’s annoying! Also, I love to wear turtleneck sweaters in the winter but this year I find them uncomfortable but not every time. At times I have to “work at” swallowing. I have to believe that it has something to do with this healing process! Maybe our nerves are starting to signal again but their “morse code” is “off balance” ~ like me some days ~ ha 😀 And twitches and tremors ~ well, we should have a thread listing all the different residuals we deal will!

• November 25, 2006 at 1:58 am

thank you Judi!! I finally found someone who has this too! Yep the swallowing thing…to me it feels as if I gargled with novacaine or something and I have to “make” myself swallow. And the tightness if I could trade that for pain in my feet, I would do it in a heartbeat. I havent tried a turlteneck yet this year but since it feels like i am wearing one most of the time that would probably be a huge “oh heck no” for me too.

HUGS!