Birthday, One Year Anniversary & Thanks!!!

• Anonymous
      October 23, 2008 at 10:23 pm

This week, my daughter Brie, is celebrating her one year GBS anniversary and her 29th birthday (the 28th birthday was in the ICU). She had just given birth to her daughter Kiera, and had just started back to work as a 1st grade Special Education Teacher, when GBS suddenly changed her whole world. Thanks to an amazingly quick diagnosis and immediate plasmapheresis treatments at Stony Brook Hospital in NY. She “escaped” from the ICU, “graduated” from the rehabilitation center, and is now doing wonderful as a mother, wife, teacher (and daughter, too!!).

One year ago, when I got the call from my wife at work, and did a quick Google search of this strange name that I couldn’t pronounce ….. how reassuring / lucky was it to call the GBS / CIDP Foundation and get a 20 minute education on what to expect. I’d like to truly thank the foundation for an amazing support system during one of the scariest times that anyone should have to endure. Particularly, the get well letters, the visits and calls from local liaisons, the information from the foundation forum and articles.

• Anonymous
      October 23, 2008 at 11:05 pm

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]Happy Birthday Brie!!!:) [/COLOR][/SIZE]
      [COLOR=black]Happy Helliversary too!!!;) thats what some of us like to call our gbs anniversaries.[/COLOR]

Glad to hear Brie is doing well! Keep Up The Good Work!! What a Wonderful Dad also!!:)

• Anonymous
      October 23, 2008 at 11:38 pm

Happy birthday Brie..from all of us here in cyber space

• Anonymous
      October 24, 2008 at 3:21 pm

Thanks for the update. How wonderful to hear Brie is doing well! Keep up the good work! Good Job Dad! Happy Birthday Brie!