BIG little improvements for me

• Anonymous
      May 26, 2006 at 11:43 am

Hi,
      This morning Jimmy Buffet was on the New York today show and I love his music, so I clapped my hands to the beat. They made a clapping noise:cool: A year ago, if I tried to clap, I’d just hear a very muffled sound.

• Anonymous
      May 26, 2006 at 4:55 pm

I’m so happy for you, Liz!

I remember the feeling when I discovered I could snap my fingers for the first time in five years in March this year.

Keep making enthusiastic sounds!

Love

• Anonymous
      May 26, 2006 at 6:35 pm

Great to hear Liz, lets go to Margaritaville.

• Anonymous
      May 27, 2006 at 5:25 am

Great news Liz ๐Ÿ™‚ Everybody loves to hear somebody’s improving.

Sue

• May 30, 2006 at 12:44 am

Awesome, Liz!!
      ARe you still off treatments? I know before the boards went down, the doc thought you were in remission and you were doing the physical therapy. How is all that going?

• Anonymous
      May 30, 2006 at 5:38 am

Hi Mary,
      So good to see you here. I have been off ALL medications for 2 1/2 yrs. now and have shown no signs of relapse. I was going to physical therapy for awhile and I went to a gym also, but not doing either right now. I want to try pool therapy if I can work out transportation. Improvements and strength are coming like a snail crawling, but they do come and I keep them.

• May 31, 2006 at 12:34 am

that is inspiring to here, Liz!! Keep truckin’ !!!

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 6:01 pm

I’ve been dependent on a wheelchair since 1999, WOW, today I took ten steps forward with a quad cane, turned and took ten steps back, then turned again to sit. These improvements come when they are ready and my instincts tell me it’s time to try.

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 6:10 pm

Dear codystanley
      Sounds great. My best wishes for you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Patricia

• Anonymous
      June 24, 2006 at 5:41 am

Dear Liz!
      I’m so happy for you, it brings tears to my eyes!

Maybe I just missed this, but are you on some new medication, or what? I’m really courious to know what brought on this faboulously promising incidents with your hands in May, and now your legs! I can’t wait to know about your next “leap forward”!

All the very best from

• Anonymous
      June 24, 2006 at 7:00 am

Dear Liz,

I am so happy that these things are happening for you. Its your time to shine :p !

• Anonymous
      July 3, 2006 at 6:13 pm

WOW, another one of my hobbies (my contentment in life), is coming back. I’m painting again! It’s only a paint-by-number set, but my right hand is doing it. I don’t know how it will turn out (I may hang it in the closet), but I don’t care because I’m enjoying it. Yesterday, I was watching my hand when I was painting and the tremors weren’t so bad. About two months ago, I was looking at my hands and the left one shakes, but the right one was steadier. I was concerned about this because my right hand was weaker and had more severe tremors, so my thoughts were the left one is now like the right. Back to the painting, YESTERDAY WHILE WATCHING THE RIGHT HAND PAINT, IT DAWNED ON ME THAT MY LEFT HAND DIDN’T GET WORSE, THE RIGHT HAND GOT “BETTER”, not normal yet, but better.

• Anonymous
      July 3, 2006 at 8:24 pm

Liz,

Great news. I agree this is big. Keep the courage and victories in perspective.

• Anonymous
      July 3, 2006 at 10:59 pm

Just keep thinking “baby steps, baby steps” and you will get there, Liz… Baby steps are still progress, remember…

Congratulations…!!!
      Aimee

• Anonymous
      July 4, 2006 at 5:45 am

Liz ~ how wonderful! I am celebrating with you ๐Ÿ˜€ It’s so encouraging to hear of other’s triumphs. You go girl!!

• Anonymous
      July 4, 2006 at 10:55 pm

Liz,

I am so happy to hear of your continued milestones, hang in there.

Jer