Being tired.

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2007 at 1:59 pm

[B]Hey everyone my names Tiffanie and I was diagnosed with GBS about 4 months ago. And I was wondering if anyone else has experience being exhausted and having no energy whatsoever. What should I do about this? And when will it go away?[/B] [B]Thanks![/B]

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2007 at 5:32 pm

Hi Tiffanie, my 12 yr old daughter had GBS in early Feb 07. She was VERY exhausted all the time for about the first 4 months or so. Gradually (and slowly) the exhaustion lessened and she could do more without feeling totally wiped out for days. Now (10.5 months out) she is at about 90% of normal and still improving. She is in school full days and doing well.

Everybody is different, but just know that eventually you too will get better. It may happen so slowly that you don’t notice that you are improving. But I kept a diary about my daughter’s progress and would often point out how much more she could do than a month or two or six months ago. That can help. It gets discouraging to feel so tired or to feel like you aren’t getting any better.

As everyone will tell you, rest is important. Are you able to go to school or are you at home?

It WILL get better. Hang in there!

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2007 at 9:00 pm

The tired, weak feeling can be overwhelming at times, but IT WILL GET BETTER! Welcome to the forum – – there are lots of wonderful people here.

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2007 at 10:24 pm

Hello and Welcome Tiffanie! Fatigue is one of the residuals that everyone of us has in common. REST REST REST. Listen to your body! Don’t over do it and get plenty of REST! It does get better slowly!

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2007 at 10:54 pm

I’m actually still at home they are homebound tutoring me because I still have trouble doing a lot of things in the day time. It’s nice to hear that I will get better it just is hard to deal with a lot of the time. Thanks for the help!