Bake and Shake–Move it or Lose it, New Find for ME!

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2006 at 12:09 am

I have noticed this surprising effect on my body. I recently got a powerchair to help me get around. I can walk short distances with great effort from my upper body and a 4 legged walker, for stability. I am weak and don’t have much stamina and can transfer. I can still drive-safely!

I went to a Scottish Highland Festival, here in Alma, last weekend. I drove it 3-4 miles and over different terrain. The sidewalks are rough and the athletic fields where the Bagpipe and Athletic Competitions were held, were bumpy in a different way.

I noticed my body awakening a bit and moving easier. This low-impact shaking along with the hard jolts, seemed to have a positive result. I could breathe easier, my movements such as moving my arms, legs and torso, did not ache as much. It was also a very hot day, low 90’s, for this time of year in Mid-MI. I was also in my decline from the IVIG treatments expiration, but not weakened too bad. I was in the 3rd week of a 4-5 week treatment schedule.

Has anyone else experianced this? I thought I should post this, it may help someone, feel a little better.:)

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2006 at 12:54 am

i wonder if sleeping in the same bed as a person with restless legs syndrome would compare to that type of movement. always trying to get comfortable on a waterbed with it moving from the constant jolting from my husbands legs.

hope you enjoyed the bagpipes more then the ride.:)

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2006 at 11:24 am

pm,

great find for you. do it some more. when i feel tired rest is what i need. but sometimes when i feel so tired, if i push myself to take a short walk, it stimulates me into a refreshed state. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2006 at 6:22 pm

I am a firm believer that “move it or lose it” applies esp. to us. In other words: Never give up. Here is just one example: This morning I wanted to fix one of the water sprinkler heads on the side of our house. The ground around our house is sloped which makes it almost impossible for me to walk securely to do anything. I can’t use my rollator and have to use my cane instead. This is very frustrating for me.

My wife lent me her shoulder so I could walk to the place where the sprinkler head was located. I got on the ground there and adjusted the head. When I wanted to get up, she was gone. I tried but I simply couldn’t manage. As stubborn as I am – I refused to wait for her or to yell for help. I crawled over to the fence and made it up with some difficulty. Then I slowly walked back to the door with my cane.