Back from Mayo and confused!!

• Anonymous
      February 11, 2008 at 3:37 pm

Hi All, thanks for the well wishes for a good trip. Though the weather bureau had bad weather predicted, we only saw a little snow on way home from Rochester. Trip took 5 hours each way, daughter a great driver.

I had tests, needles, of course the emg and NC, spinal tap and the sweat test, lots of Cat Scans and lymph node biopsy in the neck. The sweat test was awful, they strip you down with just a little bikini typy cover, powder your entire body with gold powder, put you in a sweat cubicle and turn on the “BBQ grill” I was in there for an hour and I turned purple except for my lower legs and part of my mid body. I was ready to head to a Vikings football game and be the Granny cheerleader. It was gross. Then to top it off Hubby who stayed home watched “House” that same night and they had that test on there. That is really wierd!!
      But, I am sad to say farewell to you all. I no longer belong in here. Dr. Klein dX me with sarcoidosis. I am so confused, it is mainly listed as a lung disease. I have never nor do I have lung problems. He thinks it is in the lymph nodes and mabe thyroid. I am awaiting more papers and explaination.
      I will miss all of you, will check in from time to time. I wish you all well with your own problems, especially those will family illness. Bye, Regina
      PS Stacey, take care of yourself and email me anytime.

• Anonymous
      February 11, 2008 at 8:06 pm

Thanks for letting us know you are back — with a diagnosis. We care how you are feeling so please keep visiting! 🙂

• Anonymous
      February 11, 2008 at 8:20 pm

Hi Regina,
      Like so many other conditions, syndromes or diseases, I’d never heard of Sarcoidosis. So I Googled it and found this site:

[url]http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/sarc/sar_whatis.html[/url]

Have you seen it? :confused:

• Anonymous
      February 11, 2008 at 11:48 pm

Smiley thanks for the site! I really learned alot!

Regina We all wish you well but hope you will continue to update us on your condition. After reading that article I have alot of questions. So much of the symtoms are similar to many other illness. I am glad you were able to get a dx and I can see why it took them longer to rule out all the other illnesses.

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2008 at 11:09 am

I will say one thing about Mayo; one rarely leaves there without a firm dx. They do tend to test you with every test imaginable, but I guess in retrospect (for me anyways) that is a good thing. After my 3 months there & what seemed like a zillion tests, they told me I only had CIDP & nothing else going on. Geez, only CIDP, I think that is enough in itself. Sad to see you leaving, but I hope you will do well with your new dx…
      Pam

• Anonymous
      February 15, 2008 at 9:03 am

Regina,

I hope you come back to read this and know that you can still come here to the friends you’ve made.

I will email you in the future but the email i have with this goes to my work and I wont be there until late next week.

My mom died yesterday.

hugs,
      Stacey