Back from Kevie’s neuro appoint.

• September 12, 2008 at 2:46 pm

sorry no info

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2008 at 3:51 pm

Dawn

That is great news about Kevie being symptom free!!!:)

That is also good news about IVIG. Kevie is lucky to have a mom that understands what is happening and will speak up to the doctors!

Go and celebrate together!

Rhonda

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2008 at 3:55 pm

Dawn, That is just Awesome!!!:cool: I’m soo glad Kevie is symptom free and you are the Best Advocate!!:) Keep up the Great work!! Kevie Keep Up The Wild Man Play!!!:D

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2008 at 4:05 pm

Hey Dawn –

I’m at my mom’s house right now or I’d call you to celebrate the good news!

It’s just great that Kevin is doing so well.

I know we discussed the IVIG the other day & I’m glad it went as we suspected it would. Way to you for sticking to your guns.

Your friend,
      Kelly

PS. Told you so! I KNEW he was doing just fine!

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2008 at 4:15 pm

” oh yeah, uh huh, go Kevin, go Kevin, it’s your birthday”…can you see me doin the little dance ? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
      If I COULD do that dance, I’d be doing it.
      ๐Ÿ˜€
      Great job Mom ! AWESOME for Kevin !

Stacey

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2008 at 4:55 pm

๐Ÿ˜€ Wow, that’s great , Dawn! There’s certainly a new reason to be happy about a lot of bruising! It sounds like you have a wonderful doctor who actually LISTENS to the patient and family. Hope everything continues well.

Mags

• Anonymous
      September 13, 2008 at 9:10 am

Oh Happy Day! Great news and good job Dawn. Way to go wild man Kevie! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      September 13, 2008 at 10:36 am

Good News… Good to hear anytime one of us can get closer to 100%…. Count our blessings everyday…. dean

• Anonymous
      September 13, 2008 at 1:44 pm

Dawn, so happy about Kevie’s news. You are such a great advocate.

• Anonymous
      September 13, 2008 at 7:31 pm

Kev is so lucky to have a mother like you. I am sure it has been a long haul but it gives the rest of us some hope of success. Nice of you to share with us.
      Hopefully I can learn as much as you some day. You give us so much hope.
      Joanf

• Anonymous
      September 14, 2008 at 3:43 am

So glad things are going so well for you. I hope they continue. Will keep you in my prayers. Hugs

• Anonymous
      September 15, 2008 at 9:47 pm

Dawn,

I’m so glad Kevie is doing so well! That’s great news! Ben is still having his good days and bad days, but we had a great summer! He was able to do so much more this year, but he hurt himself again, and his doctor’s not happy with us! Oh well, I’m very proud of him, and that’s all that matters as long as he’s healthy!

Love ya!

Shannon

• September 15, 2008 at 11:05 pm

Honestly Shannon,
      I really do feel like you. If they are able to do it when the desire is there, it is best to let them have fun. Kevie paces himself for the really cool things and passes on the ho hum stuff. He really would rather take a chance and over do it if it means a day filled with turbo wild man fun. Although today he did do a REALLY stupid thing that I am conceaqrned about. The Twin Ponds flooded (Ben will know) and the kids got a bright idea to put a kayak into the dirty disentary (spelling) goose poo, sewer, over run infested water. He did not submerge himself, but his feet were in it. Some kids were swimming in it and going all the way under!!! GROSS!! Well, we took a good shower and I put peroxide and betadine on a couple of little cuts he had. Thank God tetanus booster is not due until high school. Oh well!!!
      Thanks for all the nice thoughts, glad Ben is doing well too!
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      September 17, 2008 at 5:10 am

Dawn, I am so happy to hear that Kevin is doing so well. I think about him all the time when I’m getting treatment… especially when me and my nurse go do something fun like drive around in the golf cart. I go back and forth on the wild-woman vs. ho-hum – sometimes I just don’t feel like paying the price for wild-woman, especially when I don’t know how long I’ll be paying, but other times I’d rather just rocket off and do something fun to forget that I’m sick. Kevin and Emily have been a big inspiration for me in how well they are doing and how well they tolerate the treatments and just being sick in general. It’s funny how kids tend to accept the status quo much easier than we do as adults; I’m trying to relearn how to be as flexible as a child and just live as close to the moment as I can get, its tough though… adults tend to have more goals than kids and don’t have as much time to get them done therefore readjusting our goals is needed from time to time to maintain an emotional balance and keep moving forward. Hopefully by the time Kevin gets to be an adult all this will be behind him, or just a minor issue he has to deal with and he will have few memories of all the treatments and illness. ๐Ÿ˜€

• September 17, 2008 at 11:18 am

Hi julie!!!
      Kevin did not do so well this time after treatments. ‘He had not been this sick in 6 months????? He also has been getting a blistery rash in a localized area on his forhead. Thank God he has a wild man mop to go with his wild man play, because it covers the rash. Maybe since we are going down in amount next time the after affects will be les??!! About those golf carts, Kevie loves playing golf cart tag when we go to his aunts house in Michigan. My older son and Kevin and their cousin had their first accident this summer ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Let’s just say when my neice starts driving, I want to be behind her, way behind her!!! Have a great day!
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      September 17, 2008 at 5:37 pm

Hi Dawn! So sorry to hear that Kevie had a bad time with his treatment this time around. I hope and pray that his next treatment is a much better one and see him not feeling bad because of it.
      I remember as a child us having a flooding rain and there was a ditch close by and a whole bunch of us coming home from school that day decided to go swimming in the ditch. ๐Ÿ˜€ We got in there and had alot of fun. Never realizing the danger back then.
      Got home soaking wet and my mom asked me where I had been to get so wet! Told her we went swimming. I was only 6 years old. Come to find out we all went swimming in the sewer ditch~ ๐Ÿ˜€ Yuk yuk~

• Anonymous
      September 23, 2008 at 11:58 pm

Dawn,
      Its been so long since I visited the site. I’ve gotten so wrapped up in Lauren’s health and my husband’s moods, I let go of coming here. It is so great to hear that Kevin can start to cut back a tiny bit on treatments! It gives me hope that Lauren will do the same. She goes back to the Neuro in October and also had the doc talk about stretching the treatments out an extra week. Lauren currently goes every 4 weeks for infusions and she did get a port on July 30th and that has been so great for her little hands!
      Take care and enjoy your days!
      Jen