Aversion to light

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2010 at 9:00 pm

My 2 year old has been diagnosed with CIDB and right after his first treatment 8 weeks ago he cannot go into the sunlight without being in pain. Now he has to at least wear sunglasses. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Do you mean CIDP?

What was his treatment 8 weeks ago?

Have you talked to your sons dr’s about this?

And has he received treatment since that first treatment 8 weeks ago?

There are some people with CIDP who report a sensitivity to sunlight. If your son has CIDP then he should be receiving regular treatment. I would hope the dr’s would take this complaint seriously & investigate it further to make sure nothing else is going on.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      November 30, 2012 at 2:42 am

My son was diagnosed when he was four and was sensitive to light.  After about two years it got better and he become stinger.  He is now 12 and has had a relapse that was slow in progression over a years time with light sensitivity issues again.

• August 9, 2014 at 5:47 am

Numerous neurological disorders are inclined by light. Television viewers are regularly warned of footage that has flashing lights and might affect those who have photo-sensitive epilepsy. However, the start and severity of migraines may also be related to light.