Arthritic pain post GBS

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2011 at 7:12 pm

I had a severe case of gbs in 2004. Since then I have had this pain that I guess is close to arthritis like pain. Recently it’s been getting worse. The pain is in my hips and the backs of my upper thighs. I still have the neuropathy in my feet, but that is a different kind of pain. The pain I’m experiencing feels like it’s deep in my bones or something. Sometimes feels like I’m recovering from someone beating me with a hammer. My dr. is wanting to experiment my pain control with valtrex. He said since my gbs came from a vaccination, he wanted to treat the pain like a virus. Since the pain comes and goes and isn’t constant he wants to try this. Doesn’t make since to me. I’ve taken one dose and now the pain is worse. Please someone help me! I’m open to all ideas and suggestions. I’m supposed to try this for 2 weeks, then have a follow up with my doctor. Thank you!

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2011 at 2:58 am

Is 1981 your birthday ? Arthur usually gos with ageing, with or without GBS. It would not hurt if you think your pain warrents something else that might ease your pain. I take mobic for my arthur. Some on here take arthortec ,sp, I also take 4 or 5 baby asperins everyday. I do hope you get some exercise and a good Dr. to manage your pain. I have been helped more on here, this web site, than any Drs. I have seen.

God bless,
      Drummer Dude

• Anonymous
      October 2, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I had a good feeling the valtrex wouldn’t work. My doctor has put me on lyrica now. Seems to be helping so far 🙂

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Cymbalta is a good medications that works with the pain of GBS and arthritis….

Angela