Anyone use stimulants for energy boost?

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2006 at 11:24 am

Such as adderall, anti-depressants or provigil, for example? Wondering if it may be worth the trouble or not.

Cheers in advance.

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2006 at 12:38 pm

zipzip,

Check out the threads on Medications and Provigil. I know that lots of us are on anti-depressants for pain relief. I am taking Provigil and know of at least 2 others here who are too – the three of us are happy with the results so far.

Best wishes,

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2006 at 2:23 pm

Nat,

As SuzieQ said, there are threads on Provigil (one on GBS Adult and one on CIDP), as well as the Medications thread. There is also a thread called Cymbalta, which is a depression med, but is used for many of us for pain, on there it discusses other depression meds as well.

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2006 at 3:40 pm

Thanks. I’ve been on cymbalta but all it has done is make me gain weight, i’m weaning off of it.

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2006 at 4:09 pm

I take Ritalin which gives me a boost and also helps me with my memory and attention span. Provigil was too expensive for me so I am on the Ritalin instead.

Jerimy

• October 7, 2006 at 6:52 am

I have a problem with anti- depressants and have been using provigal for about two years. It’s been a god send for me. I’ve been on the same dose the entire time with no problems. Still need a nap during the day though.