Anyone near Clewiston Florida

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2008 at 8:06 pm

Hi Friends,
      Does anybody live in or near Clewiston, Florida. Going there on a Mission Trip next week and have a few questions.:)

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2008 at 10:12 pm

Hi Ali,

I am in Tampa which is a couple of hours north of there. What do you want to know? If it’s weather, I’m in shorts:)

• Anonymous
      February 19, 2008 at 1:59 pm

:oGab,

I have looked up the temps there, they sound wonderful. Maybe a little too warm for building houses, but at least its not freezing 🙂 . I also wanted to know silly stuff like ….. is there a Costco reletavly nearby as we can go and buy some healthy foods in bulk – as well as cases of water for the job site. Also, are there places one can get a healthy meal as apposed to ‘fried’ foods. Some of the group have been to Clewiston before and complained that they only ate fried foods and wished for something a little healthier.
      Soooooo, they are strange questions, and I guess only someone living nearby would know those things, I know its a long shot, but I thought I would give it a try.

Thanks for answering Gabrielle, it helps to know that I have been getting the right info on weather – could you do me a favor, and if it changes, do you think you could let me know, so then I dont have to keep looking at the forecast. 😮

• February 19, 2008 at 8:32 pm

I wish I was near there! It is going to be 30 below with the windchill tonight and 8 for a high tommorrow, not including the windchill. What ever happened to global warming?
      Anyway, how wonderful you are going on a mission trip! I would love to do that! Good luck to you!
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      February 19, 2008 at 10:03 pm

Wow, I don’t think I can answer all of that but it is an old town for Florida. And back in the day, everyone fried everything here. I know my family did. But, there should be some of the regular foods there too, as well as more healthy fare. Publix is a big grocery chain here and carries a lot of organic and preservative free, etc. foods. I do all of my shopping there. You might go on Costco or Sam’s Club website to check out locations. Also, Super Walmarts are in some of the rural areas and they have pretty cheap prices. Our weather is delightful right now. It is a great time to do outside work since the humidity is lower. You should be fine there. Have fun and it sounds like you are doing a lot of good there as well….Gabrielle

• Anonymous
      March 1, 2008 at 1:43 am

My cousin lives there. Its a nice area with everything nearby. Enjoy while you are down there, Ali!:)