Anyone in the Ann Abor, MI Area

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2010 at 1:43 pm

I have recently moved to Ann Arbor, MI and need to find an new Primary Care Physician. My old one doesn’t have any reccomendations for me. If any one knows of a doctor in this area, I would love to have a suggestion. 🙂

Thank you!!!

Tonya Correll

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2010 at 12:39 am

There is a doctor in Detroit at Wayne State University that specializes in this condition. He will be one of the speakers at the Symposium in PA. I was going to Mayo Clinic but just switched. He is really well informed.

Donna in Northeast Michigan—30 miles north of BayCity.

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2010 at 8:07 am

Thank you! I appreciate the information on the doctor in Detroit. I am 5 years post and haven’t seen my regular Neuro for over a year. I am only looking for a PCP so I can get more of my asthma meds since I am running out. Any PCP suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!
      Tonya Correll

• Anonymous
      October 22, 2010 at 12:19 am

I am curious as to how you are doing? Are you walking? Are you able to work? How bad is your CIDP?

• Anonymous
      October 22, 2010 at 7:41 am

On May 15, 2005, I was diagnosed with GBS and admitted to the hospital. I had IVIG and supportive care. I was intubated and then trached while sedated into a coma. I spent 10 days in ICU, 40 days on a respiratory care floor, and then 4 weeks on an Acute Rehab Unit. Total hospital stay was 2 1/2 months. I went from fine to life support in 5 days.

The kicker to this story is that I was one of the worst, if not THE worst, case Kokomo, IN had ever seen. My Nuero told my family that I would be in the hospital for 6 months, and not walk for a year. I WALKED out of the hospital with a walker after only 2 1/2 months.

Today, 5 years post, I walk, run-when I have to, ride horses and jump them, and anything else I want to do. I have some fatigue issues, not really any pain, lack of control of my toes.

Over all, I am considered healthy and recovered. I don’t let the GBS stop me from doing things. I do, however, take into consideration that my body may react weirdly to things I haven’t done since the GBS. Otherwise, I do what I want, realize I may have to rest more often or go a little slower to make sure I have enough energy to do it all instead of exerting it all at once.

I hope this has helped.

God bless,
      Tonya Correl

• October 30, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Tonya,

I got GBS March 2010 and was at the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor. I live in Novi, so I don’t know any primary care physicians there, but if you ever need a rec for a neuro, let me know….I know a ton out there! 🙂