Anyone have any experience with Dept of VA and GBS/CIPD Issues???

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2008 at 7:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am curious if anyone has any experience dealing with Post GBS/CIPD issues and the Department of Veteran Affairs.

I am trying to use the VA as my primary medical provider, but am concerned about my quality of care and the knowledge that they have in dealing with GBS/CIPD issues.

I have not had any luck finding a private doctor with any knowledge of GBS/CIPD issues.

Any advice, information, experience, or recommendations you have would be appreciated?

Your new friend,

Chris

GBS:1988
      CIPD: 2007
      MENENGITIS due to IVIG: 2008

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2008 at 12:18 pm

Chris, I sent you a pm. It might also help if you let us know what major city you are close to, that way someone might be able to help you better. Take care.:)

• July 27, 2008 at 1:53 pm

Hi,
      There is a very nice lady, member name Lameka, she is a vet and has used the va, I am sure she would help you, I will pm her to contact you.
      Dawn Kevies mom

Anyone have any experience with Dept of VA and GBS/CIPD Issues???

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2008 at 7:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am curious if anyone has any experience dealing with Post GBS/CIPD issues and the Department of Veteran Affairs.

I am trying to use the VA as my primary medical provider, but am concerned about my quality of care and the knowledge that they have in dealing with GBS/CIPD issues.

I have not had any luck finding a private doctor with any knowledge of GBS/CIPD issues.

Any advice, information, experience, or recommendations you have would be appreciated?

Your new friend,

Chris

GBS:1988
      CIPD: 2007
      MENENGITIS due to IVIG: 2008

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2008 at 11:47 am

Chris, I pm’ed you some info. to check your pm just click on user cp and highlight messages. Take Care.

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2008 at 4:48 pm

Chris,
      I have a disability claim in work with the VA associated with CIDP. I’m currently rated as 40% for other reasons. If anybody has had experience dealing with the VA for CIDP disability rating, I would appreciate any info you have. I had to stop work because of my CIDP [fatigue, a mind that went out to lunch and never returned ;), trouble getting around the classroom and a few others]

I don’t know if they will take over the care aspect.

Chris, good luck with your VA claim. My experience they move with the speed of a snail stampede 😀

Jim C