Anyone experience rash called erythema ab igne

• November 4, 2014 at 11:26 am

I had a heating pad on my thigh because I have some pain. It was only on there for about 1 hour. When I went to the bathroom I noticed this weird, red, lacy appearing rash on my thigh where the heating pad was. It doesn’t hurt or anything. I did some searching on the web and found it is called erythema ab igne. It can be associated with heat on your skin and is also associated with peripherial neuropathy. I have CIPD. Has anyone else ever experienced this rash? Should I be concerned? I removed the heat pad but the rash is still there and not fading. this has never happened to me and I have had CIDP for just over 3 years. At first I was thinking shingles but it doesn’t appear to look that way. Then a picture came up on my search that looks exactly like what I have and it is called erythema ab igne.

• December 30, 2014 at 12:48 am

I am not familiar with that rash – but I have Livedo reticularis rash.. it’s associated with autoimmune issues.. usually a heating pad can give a rash like that too – look up images of that rash – does it look like that? sometimes it’s just from over heating (chronic overheating will permanately discolor your skin).

• December 30, 2014 at 7:35 am

I get a rash like that after taking a hot bath or getting really hot..but, I have discoid lupus..so they say! You might ask about that..some things creep in when we start doing autoimmune treatments!