Anyone else live in New Jersey?

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2009 at 3:32 pm

Hi, All!

My daughter met another student at her school who has a parent with CIDP. She happened to tell me this while we were at the doctor’s office (for her, not me this time!) and the doctor said that she had treated someone with CIDP just the day before!

So that may mean that there are two or three of us living within a few miles of one another — exciting to me, since I’m the only person with CIDP I’ve ever seen in the flesh.

You’ll laugh, but I actually had this idea that we could have an IVIg gathering at my house one day with my wonderful nurse to watch over us as we sleep off the Benadryl! LOL!

Since that doesn’t seem like such a wonderful idea, what about an ordinary get-together at a restaurant or coffee shop? I know there is supposed to be a chapter of the foundation in NJ (or maybe two?) but I’ve never heard from them.

If anyone is interested, please message me privately.

Be well!

bbrooks

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2009 at 7:13 pm

[SIZE=”4″]I do. 😉 😀 [/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2009 at 7:14 pm

I will be soon living there too

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2009 at 11:13 pm

I Will I Hope Soon Be Moving To Nyc. Just A Short Ride On Njt. A Good Friend From High School Lives Iin Jersey As Done An Aunt. Will Let You Know. Luv Ya.

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2009 at 12:29 am

[QUOTE=cmginexi]I Will I Hope Soon Be Moving To Nyc. Just A Short Ride On Njt. A Good Friend From High School Lives Iin Jersey As Done An Aunt. Will Let You Know. Luv Ya.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=”4″]I work for NJT. I’m on the disabled list at the monent. [/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2009 at 12:34 am

I live in northern MN, so will have to miss this New Jersey get together, sorry. A few years ago, I went to see our local dermatologist for dry skin & he mentioned that he had 6 other patients with CIDP. I live in a small rural area, population of my town being 7,000. But there are a lot of small mining towns in this area that also use this clinic. But still, I was very surprised. Of course, he could not give me any names; said he would ask them if they would like my name. I am sure he forgot the minute I walked out the door.

Come to think of it, my son does all of the IT for this clinic system, I could ask him to hack in CIDP & see what names he comes up with? I am just kidding, of course. My roommate at Mayo 7 years ago had CIDP. We didn’t realize at that time how rare it was to have two such severe cases together as roommates, even to meet another with such a severe case!