Anybody tried the Paleo Diet

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2012 at 10:01 pm

CIDP and Paleo Diet

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Sorry, I haven’t posted in quite awhile, didn’t mean to just write a few words. Our 8 year old has CIDP and wanted to know if anyone is doing the Paleo Diet (Caveman). We are starting Dell on it now and need some tips.

• August 6, 2012 at 11:29 pm

It’s so ironic that you ask this question, as I just returned from my doctor a few minutes ago, and he placed me on the Zone diet. I’m not too familiar with it yet, but it’s my understanding that it is similar to the Paleo diet. My doctor is so certain if I follow this diet it will help with the CIDP. I’m very sorry I don’t have any tips or suggestions yet, but as I become more familiar with this diet I will share. Please feel free to do the same. I wish your 8 year old the very best.

Claudia

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2012 at 1:35 am

Claudia,
      I went to Walmart and found the chicken. It wasn’t as expensive as I would have thought. The whole chicken was $7 something and a good many thighs were also $7. I’ve bought coconut milk, flour and oil and almond milk and flour. I was shocked at the price of the almond flour. I have found a site to order in bulk. I made banana muffins tonight and they were delicious. If you are interested, write and I’ll post it. My sister in law did the gluten free diet for her autistic child and she said it took about a month just to get used to the diet. She said don’t rush it, you can’t do it over night. I wish you the best of luck too.

Lori

• Anonymous
      August 8, 2012 at 4:59 am

I haven’t seen any journal articles about a correlation between CIDP and diet, so I’d be somewhat skeptical about it.