Any Suggestions for a Neuro in Janesville, Wis

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2008 at 3:07 pm

Guess I’m going to bite the bullet and search further for a neurologist that has some experience with GBS. It’s a 2 hour drive, but my GP suggested the University of Wis. reasearch hosp. in Janesville Wis.
      Anybody have any luck there?
      JayDee

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2008 at 3:10 pm

Did I make a mistake? Is that Madison, Wis. where the University is?

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2008 at 5:12 pm

I live in northern MN & hate to admit that I don’t know where Janesville, WS is, but would it be too far to go the U of Minnesota? There are a couple of neuros there who are excellent in the treatment of these illnesses, including Dr. Gareth Parry. Just a suggestion…
      Pam

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2008 at 10:27 am

Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee, WI with Dr. Safwan Jaradeh, MD

dr. mark lanser at riverview clinic janesville,wi

take care. be well.
      gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2008 at 7:37 am

Pam, Gene, thanks for the suggestions. Minnisota would be a long haul. We are 90 miles south west of Chicago. I love living the country life, that is until you need a Dr.
      I didn’t receive any treatments when first diagnosed with GBS. My most recent bout of “residuals” seemed more like those hospital days in 2004. But because I had experienced similar sensations and weakness, I didn’t go in.
      My concern is whether that GBS diagnosis was correct. So here we go again, finding a Dr. my insurance will approve, and then getting to where ever the Dr. may be. No where around us, that’s for sure.
      Thanks again for the suggestions,
      JayDee