Any advice or info

• Anonymous
      October 14, 2006 at 12:06 am

My name is Dave and I was dianosed with GBS about three weeks ago. I was fortunate and it was considered mild but then changed to moderate due to the fact that it affected my face. Anyway I was wondering if others had or are experiencing persistent tingling (paresthesias) in the hands and feet? Mine are pretty intense and wanted to know how long they typically last? Unfortunately this is affecting my ability to type as well. Please let me know any advice and input.
      Thanks.
      Dave

• Anonymous
      October 14, 2006 at 8:54 am

hi dave & welcome,

you are starting the normal gbs process. what you describe is normal for us. by now you should have been given ivig or pp. if not, your docs are not up to speed. either way you need big time rest/sleep. no one knows how long any one particular case will take to recover. take care, gene

• Anonymous
      October 14, 2006 at 9:15 am

Hi Dave,
      Welcome to the site. Many do experience tingling (paresthesias) in the hands and feet and even a burning sensation at time. I do not know how long it may last. It does seem be less intense with time.
      The following article discusses two residules of gbs paresthesias being one.

– Residual Effects Following Guillain-Barré –
      Gareth J. Parry
      Consultant Neurologist, Auckland Hospital
      Professor of Neurology, University of Minnesota

Published in “The Communicator” Spring 2003

see the following link:
      [url]http://www.jsmarcussen.com/gbs/print/residual1.htm[/url]

Six years post GBS I still have paresthesias in my hands and feet.

• October 15, 2006 at 4:53 pm

Dave,
      I was diagonsed Aug ’05 and spent 9 weeks hospitalized. I still have tingling hands and feet; more so the feet. The feet feel like I’m walking on bunched up socks….I have learned to sort of ignore the sensation and get on with life.
      Hope you can too. This is nothing compared to being on life support and totally paralized. I’ll pray for you.
      Al