Allergies and CIDP

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2008 at 8:29 pm

I know allergies and CIDP are both problems with the autoimmune system. Has anyone noticed their allergies getting worse since developing CIDP?

I’ve noticed that my allergies are steadily getting worse, especially to medications, since I first started having CIDP symptoms. A few years ago, I had no medication allergies. Now, I’ve got seven of them. Is anyone else in the same boat?

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2008 at 5:48 am

Hi,

I wonder what Actually constitutes medicine allergy. Reaction like hyves, or can it be body function and shifting blood work?? or Both
      This is not really related to the question of Med allergies but, here goes.
      I had severe seasonal rhinitis (allergies) that developed after an employment change and work atmosphere change. Underwent 4 years of allergy immunotherapy. They inject you with what you are allergic to until you can take a really big dose. Twice had bad reactions after I left their office and needed to use the EPPI Pen and benadryl to recover. I now think that is NOT good if you have CIDP because it boosts you immune system. anyway, I didn’t require any allergy meds for about 3 years, now, the problems are back, pretty much at the same level as prior to the immunotherapy.

It may have come back on its own?? or is it the Cidp? Never Know.

tim

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2008 at 1:11 pm

My medication allergies sometimes result in hives. A regular reaction is immediate sneezing, itchy eyes, itchy inner ears, and sometimes an asthma attack. A bad reaction is all of the above plus a rash breaking out on my chest and face. Only a handful of times has a medication allergy resulted in just hives for me.

I have seasonal allergies, as well. I’ve noticed mine have been particularly bad this year. I’m not sure if it’s an extra high pollen count or what. My CIDP symptoms have also gotten steadily worse this year, too.

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2008 at 2:53 pm

As a kid I never had any alergies except to pcn-from my many ear infections. Then all broke out when I had a deadly reaction to a medication, now I’m allergic to over 28 meds. I did have the allergy testing back in my late teens early 20s, which only showed one problem—I’m allergic to Myself! To the antihistamine my own body makes–which really explains alot when you look back on all my problems.

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2008 at 3:10 pm

[QUOTE=angel2ndclass22699]—I’m allergic to Myself! To the antihistamine my own body makes–which really explains alot when you look back on all my problems.[/QUOTE]

That has got to top my list of “most bizarre things your body can do” and I’m baffled at how your body can sort it all out. It actually makes a weird kind of sense to me too which probably doesn’t say much about my powers of reason. :rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2008 at 6:15 pm

You know I was just wondering this too. My allergies are the worst they’ve ever been this year, but its also been an awful allergy season this year.

It seems this is always just a guessing game!

marjie