A suggestion for temporary categories.

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 3:54 am

๐Ÿ™‚
      As a previous regular user from the eastern side of the Pond may I have the temerity to suggest a provisional method of sorting out thread titles. Because of the need to get the forum up and running again there are no categories. As a consequence there are many threads but it is not clear always what they may be about. So there is a great messy clutter that is becoming difficult to wade through. Almost impossible to a total newcomer.
      May I suggest a self-discipline in order to achieve some order! That in naming a title that it begins with certain words. Here is a possible and obvious list of openings – then added to by a particular phrase. For example: CIDP – strange feelings.
      GBS.
      Young GBS.
      CIDP.
      Young CIDP.
      Chat.
      Technical.
      Announcements.
      Happy stories.
      Carers’ Corner.
      To be mischievous may I also nominate a Brandy Flask category?:D

Some may recognise that I have borrowed from the UK forum.
      What do you think folks?:rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 7:18 am

I have now posted an example under CIDP – ……….
      Perhaps others will follow this example as the US of A wakes up!

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 9:41 am

Dear Ken:

Great idea. I hope the administrator will give us some hard partitions so we can categorize the posts so threads won’t become thousands long. Also if we have hard partitions, newer members will more easily find information and be able to put posts in the right place. I really like your sub-categories. They seem really friendly.

Have you PM’d the GBSFI member with these ideas? I think that would be the best way to get information to the IT tech.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 11:33 am

I am sure in the near future that the Foundation will have it’s categoroes as it once did. I’m hoping they try to go back to the old format of categories.

We had the: Vaccine Injury category
      Caregivers
      Forum Help and Suggestions
      Adult GBS
      Children GBS
      Teen GBS
      Adult CIDP
      Children CIDP
      Teen CIDP
      Miller Fisher Syndrome
      Fun Things to talk about not related to GBS/CIDP

I certainly like the category “Brandy Flask” category, where else can you have more fun.

Do any of you remember any other categories that we had on here? I am trying to remember them all and I feel like I have left some off the list. Get your thinking caps on seniors.:) ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 4:57 pm

[COLOR=red]I liked posting in the humor/non GBS related category. they should model after Heath’s aboutGBS web site.[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 5:57 pm

I went there several times… Jerimy always seemed to be the first to reply… ๐Ÿ™‚

Aimee
      (CIDP diagnosed 8/24/05)

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 8:06 pm

Howdy folks. Barbara has been in touch with me and is coordinating with the new Admin on getting the forums back to having the same sections/categories they used to have or something close anyway. Using the wayback machine [url]http://www.archive.org/[/url] you can see a snapshot of how websites looked on the dates they were archived, so I used that to give him a copy of the old site. I believe the forum will be evolving over the coming weeks, give it some time, I think this single forum was put up right away so that we at least had a place to go. I will update this thread as I hear more and in Cleveland this weekend I will know even more.

Jer

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 8:16 pm

Thanks Jerimy ๐Ÿ™‚

Sue