A Cold?

• November 27, 2007 at 12:20 pm

This is something new for me. I not sure yet but I think I may be getting a cold. I have not had any type of illness, like a cold, flu, since I’ve been on IVIG treatments. It’s probably nothing, but I’m not sure. Has anyone had a cold and not had a problem? Or, had a problem?

Thanks,

David

• Anonymous
      November 27, 2007 at 1:41 pm

My daughter has had many colds & she gets IVIG. She’ll usually feel a little more tired & maybe have a few more aches & pains in her legs than normal. If she’s scheduled for a treatment while she’s sick, the IVIG will speed up her recovery.

I hope you feel better soon.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      November 28, 2007 at 10:52 am

I got a cold the other week. I receive IVIG treatments every three weeks and I caught the cold directly after my last treatment. I had a big problem. My immune system isn’t very strong, so it attacked yet again. I felt a lot weaker and my small cold felt like I was dying. Fortunately it gets a lot better. When I got my next IVIG, it went away almost immediately. Just be patient. Eventually it will go back to normal. I was told by my neuro, not to get a flu shot aswell. Theres a strong [possibilty it could have the opposite effect on me. I raelly hope that you feel beetter though, and ask about the flu shot. Who knows, it might help you.