2007 New Year’s Resolutions

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2006 at 9:12 pm

My New Year’s Resolution for 2007 is to reconnect with old friends. I haven’t felt like getting out much since Ben came down with GBS two years ago, but now I think we’re both ready. It would be nice to have a social life again. The summer before Ben came down with GBS, I was a “Bleacher Bunny,” which is basically a cheerleader for a Cubs-related newspaper, The Heckler. We would distribute the paper at Cubs home games while wearing cheerleading skirts and Heckler t-shirts. If they’ll take me back, I think I’m ready to start doing that again. I hope to see my old group of friends next month, so I’ll find out more in January!

Shannon

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2006 at 10:16 pm

My New Years resolution is to buy a Mountain Bike in the spring and ride it every day. I used to like to run but that’s out of the question now so I want to give riding a chance and see how I do.

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2006 at 10:37 pm

Jerimy,

I bet you’ll do pretty well. Ben and I got mountain bikes last year, and though he’s fallen off a few times from not being able to feel his feet on the pedals, he does pretty well. It’s definitely good exercise and lots of fun!

Shannon

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2006 at 11:13 pm

One of mine is to find something I lost, my MOTIVATION, with motivation I can start moving forward again.

• Anonymous
      December 13, 2006 at 12:50 am

To take better care of my body.
      To eat more chocolate-i’m hypoglycemic and i need my chocolate!:)
      To get my chloesterol down into the good ranges.
      To eat more and eat healthy foods(except for chocolate!)
      to actually finish some of my sewing, crocheting, and other craft projects.
      plus all the other resolutions that are leftover from years past.:rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      December 13, 2006 at 10:50 am

Hmmm, to be kinder to others. Their “life’s journey” may have a speed bump also, and I just can’t see it.

To learn to quilt and make a “pretty” for our masterbed. Choosing a pattern is half the fun 🙂
      To get back into the habit of my morning yoga ~ I move around less “stiff-like”!

• Anonymous
      December 13, 2006 at 2:31 pm

My 2007 resolution is to take better care of my health. I have neglected my health for the last 6 1/2 years and I need to get back on track to a healthier me.

• Anonymous
      December 13, 2006 at 10:25 pm

[SIZE=”2″][COLOR=”Purple”]My 2007 resolutions are 1) Not to be so hard on myself and 2) find a place to volunteer where my limitations won’t be a issue.[ATTACH]893[/ATTACH][/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      December 31, 2006 at 9:22 pm

[FONT=”Book Antiqua”]My 2007 New Year’s resolution is I don’t really have one. I’m only hoping that my wife will some way or another get better, & be able to start walking again.[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      December 31, 2006 at 11:52 pm

[SIZE=”4″]I think my New Year resolution, with the help of God, is going to be to make the best of each day, remembering that sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you[/SIZE].

• Anonymous
      January 13, 2007 at 2:52 am

I’m the one who has been bitching and whining about the people I love not getting the proper care. I know it doesn’t happen over night, if at all. I’m not naive. But I started writing on this forum so that I could vent. I’m not so sure about that anymore.

But I do know that I’ve never judged others on this forum for venting. No matter how bad off anyone is on this forum or anywhere else in the world for that matter, there’s someone worse off. One of my dad’s favorite sayings is, “everyday above ground is a good day” It’s a morbid thought, but to me it makes sense. As long as your alive you can make things better.

So tell me who Ben is and when he got diagnosed with GB or whatever else. Tell me how it’s been affecting you, emotionally etc. if you want. Tell me how Ben’s been feeling lately. Or don’t tell me anything. This isn’t a homework assignment. I’m here to listen. Tell me whatever you feel comfortable telling me if anything at all.

• Anonymous
      January 13, 2007 at 2:52 am

I’m the one who has been bitching and whining about the people I love not getting the proper care. I know it doesn’t happen over night, if at all. I’m not naive. But I started writing on this forum so that I could vent. I’m not so sure about that anymore.

But I do know that I’ve never judged others on this forum for venting. No matter how bad off anyone is on this forum or anywhere else in the world for that matter, there’s someone worse off. One of my dad’s favorite sayings is, “everyday above ground is a good day” It’s a morbid thought, but to me it makes sense. As long as your alive you can make things better.

So tell me who Ben is and when he got diagnosed with GB or whatever else. Tell me how it’s been affecting you, emotionally etc. if you want. Tell me how Ben’s been feeling lately. Or don’t tell me anything. This isn’t a homework assignment. I’m here to listen. Tell me whatever you feel comfortable telling me if anything at all.

• Anonymous
      January 17, 2007 at 12:51 am

to really be here now
      ferenc