2 Years

• July 30, 2010 at 2:46 pm

WOW! Just realized it’s been two years since I’ve joined the Forum. And what a wild couple of years they have been. This has been quite a journey:

[INDENT][LIST]
      [*]I’ve gone from running to a wheel chair to running again.
      [*]I went from gainfully employed to being terminated due to my disabilities to being happily and gainfully employed again.
      [*]I was frightened and desperate when they told me how much it would cost me to continue my insurance (without any income).
      [*]I was perplexed at what was going on with my body.
      [*]I was scared at what was going on with my body and what the possible causes could be (ALS).
      [*]I cried from relief when I was diagnosed as vitamin B-12 deficient.
      [*]I was bummed when the vitamin B-12 DX turned into CIDP :o.
      [*]I was embarrassed when people looked at my funny walking, but my heart was changed forever for people who have disabilities.
      [*]I’ve been angry to have this disease (excuse me) syndrome.
      [*]I was frustrated with the Physical Therapy.
      [*]I’ve felt lonely, because no one knew what CIDP is … then I found my friends here.
      [*]I was thrilled when the Plasma Pheresis began to work.
      [*]I’m thankful I have effective treatments and have insurance approval to continue them.
      [*]I’ve cried with (and prayed for) those who are walking this same journey.
      [*]I’ve met some wonderful new friends.
      [*]And I’ve lost some friends from these diseases … my heart has been heavy and it’s a sober reminder of how serious these diseases are.
      [*]I’ve encouraged and educated others with this disease.
      [*]I’ve grown closer to my family and my God.
      [*]I am more joyful and take joy in things I took for granted before.
      [/LIST][/INDENT]

It’s a tough path we travel and I’ve had my ups and downs, but all things considered, I’m a blessed man.

I pray that all of you my friends may be richly blessed as well.

Gary

• July 30, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Well said, Gary. Thank you and for all my blessings this forum is one of them.
      My prayers and thoughts are with you.

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2010 at 11:00 am

Gary,
      You have a special personality and are a delight to this forum. We have also been changed and will never look at others the same. It is like blinders have been taken off of our eyes and we can see clearly for the first time. God Bless you as you are a blessing to others.

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2010 at 1:04 pm

It is amazing how many different directions you can go when God gives you a good kick in the butt. Sound like you have accepted his challenge. congrats on two year in.
      Harryb

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2010 at 2:31 pm

After 2 years of this wild and crazy roller coaster ride – you are due for smooth sailing for a while.
      Many times – when I know you were having a rough time – you came here and encouraged others and brightened our day.
      Now what does that say about your character?
      You can keep kicking a good man down but he will always stand back up.
      There are more here just like you and that is what makes this forum great.
      That is why I always come back.
      Oh dang – I better shut up before you get the big head.

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Gary, that was beautiful. God truly is our refuge and strength, isn’t He? 🙂

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Simply put? You HAVE something that is called COURAGE!
      Don’t ever give up! Please! AND I’m glad that you are coming back into something stronger and better than you ever thought you could be.
      Why? Because what you’ve written is HONEST and from the heart.
      Hope and good things more and always.

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2010 at 4:34 am

Your strength and courage are beautiful to see and your faith is a steady light for your path. I think of the verse “All things work together for the good of those that love the Lord” when I read this because not only is there a higher guide to watch over us, but also to be part of us in all of our lives.
      WithHope

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Beautifully said and thank you!

Love, smitty

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Wow
      I find comfort in discovering others are feeling the same as me. I am at the worst level I have experienced with this disease.
      As I lose my ability to walk, as it is progressing through my hands and now face I am comforted by knowing that one day I will walk without pain and side by side each of you. Our GOD will reward us all for our courage.

God Speed to all as we go through this journey

• August 29, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Loved your post—new member so i’m not familiar with what you went through to get where you are—but glad the pe worked—success stories are a great inspiration!!!they give us hope 🙂

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Gary,
      I feel like I know you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting
      get to know you. God Bless you, (HAPPY BIRTHDAY)
      Miss Judy

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2010 at 12:59 am

Gary,

Congrats on the rounds of golf you posted on my thread shooting in the low 80’s is still a good feat. I totally sympathize with the next round though.

I have been fighting a similar problem. One day I am on target, feeling good, in balance, good drives, iron shots fine etc. Next round I am nowhere near the same. Ball contact is terrible. Fat, thin, all over the clubface. Correspondingly, shots are long or short and tee shots are off line. Same shots same guy totally different results. No idea why. No consistency.

Oh well, just glad I can play.

I am glad you are playing as well. and I am happy that things are still going forward. One step at a time.

Dick S