:0( Won’t be online much this week!

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2008 at 8:38 pm

Hi family! I won’t be online too much this week! My grand-daughter just started Kindergarden this year and while on the way home this afternoon on the school bus and trash truck collided into the school bus and it injured 10 students.
      My grand-daughter was one of them. My husband and I went to the ER and met my daughter and her husband there. She is going to be okay but they decided to keep her overnight and possibly another day or so! Just depends on how well she does in the next 24 hours.
      She popped her head pretty bad and had herself a goose egg! Busted her lip and needed stitches. And then her left wrist got broken. And then she needed stitches on her knee! Forgot to ask my daughter if that bus had seat belts. It appears she wasn’t wearing one. She is not seriously injured but the hospital decided to keep her because of the head wound, just in case something happens but they think she wil be okay. Still want to watch her at least overnight and possibly another day if she has a bad day tomorrow.
      My poor daughter was trying to take care of her and had the little one with her. The baby Hana is a hand full. She is 3 years old and full of life.
      Thank goodness I have extra clothes of theirs over at my house! Me and Andy brought Hana home with us and will be keeping her a few days and may be possibly longer. Just depends on my daughters situation. I may end up keeping Hailey if she can’t go back to school this week. Right now I have the baby with me.
      She is good with me though. We got home and I got our bed clothes on. Fixed us a sandwich and some chips and now she is watching a Shrek DVD! She love Shrek! LOL!
      But you might not see me in here much this week! Will have my hands full and busy giving sugar to Hana a few days and then possibly Hailey the next few days!
      I’m just relieved she is going to be okay.and hope she will be alright tomorrow.Don’t really know all the details but my daughter did say that one person was taken to Wake Med with serious injuries. Not sure if it was the other driver or a student. They were on a busy highway too! And both were traveling 45 or 55 miles per hour. So these children were lucky things were not worse.
      Well I best get myself off line. Me and Hana are getting ready for bedtime. The only way you can get her to sleep is laying down with her and then she will go to sleep. But sometimes she plays a good half hour and then finally gives up!
      Will chat when I can! Hugs! Please say a small prayer for my grandbaby and the other students that were on that bus. Hopefully all of them will recover soon!
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2008 at 5:26 am

htttp://wral.com/news/local/video/3776941/

Going to call the hospital a little later in the morning to see how my grand-daughter is this morning. Hana slept really good last night and is still sleeping. Going to let her sleep as late as she wants. 😀
      Saw that video this morning and did not realize there were 5 vehicles involved. After watching the video, it almost put a lump in my throat. Scary watching especially when you have a family member that was in it!
      And then this morning there was another bus accident in New Jersey! What’s up with all these bus accidents. Just seems to be alot more this year than usual?

Freezing cold again this morning even with my heat on. I think we are going to have a cold nasty winter. Lots of ice and snow!
      Well! Better get offline and get some breakfast started. Me and Hana going to have some oatmeal and hot chocolate with marshmallows! Can’t make her’s to hot though, so when she gets up it will be cooled down enough for eating.
      Wishing everybody a very nice day! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2008 at 8:15 am

Linda H.

Sorry, you and your family have to deal with the injury of your grand daughter. My prayers are with you and yours. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2008 at 9:13 am

Linda,
      Take care of those babies….I pray for a speady recovery.

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2008 at 10:14 am

Linda,
      You and your entire family are in my prayers

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2008 at 10:34 am

Linda, your grandaughter and family will be in my prayers.
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2008 at 11:03 am

Aw Linda, so sorry to hear of this news. I hope and pray for a speedy recovery for your grandbaby and the other students.
      I don’t think scholl buses are equiped with seatbelts. It’s been a debated issue for many years now but I don’t have schoool aged kiddies that ride the bus so I’m nmot up to date on that. Best wishes!

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2008 at 12:16 pm

Linda you and your family and the rest of the kids and their families too! What a terrible accident. Here in Pennsylvania we have a seat belt law but it does not enclude buses. Probably the same in your area. According to that video there was all minor injuries. What you tell me about your grand daughter I don’t call that minor. I think they should rething the seat belt laws. We have them for airplanes but not trains or buses or boats. Also they put 3 kids to a seat usually and I think that is too many when it comes to larger students. I will continue to watch the message boards for updates! Take care of yourself! Thank goodness for Sherk! LOL 😀

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2008 at 4:22 pm

Finally got Hanna to sleep! She’s kept me busy today. I’ve been kissed on, slobbered on and had the rocking chair going! LOL! She’s a mess! Normally I have Andy home but he had to work today. So it’s been a bit tougher today being by myself!
      Figured I would come in here and post real quick before she wakes up and then I won’t be able to get online.
      Talked to my daughter and Hailey is getting released. They are waiting for the nurse to get the discharge papers. Doctor felt like she was going to be okay and saw no major problems. She’s just got a nasty goose egg on her head that is going to hurt a few days!
      The bus that she rides on is supposed to have seat belts. But little Miss Sneaky took her’s off and so did another student on the bus. So when the bus got slammed into, it slung Hailey causing her to pop her head on the seat part in front of her and she popped her lip busting it open. But then fell on the floor board and then she landed on her wrist wrong. Not sure how she got the knee injury. It was a tiny cut on her knee but where it was needed stitches because of the bending of her knee. She got on the phone and had to tell me what happened to her!
      My daughter is going to take her home and see how well she does tonight and if there are no major problems then she will pick up Hanna in the morning and take her to daycare and bring Hailey to come and stay with me until Friday. My daughter right now really can’t afford being out of work. We talked about it last night and I told her I would watch her if needed. Her husband’s hours got cut back and they are worried he may loose his job. This economy right now is effecting so many. He works for an auction company and they auction off cars! Something that is not really selling to much right now because of tightened credit limits.
      Called Andy and told him to pick up some majic markers at Walmart! Going to have to draw some things on Hailey’s cast! I think the bus driver was afraid of getting a ticket and told everybody that the kids were wearing seatbelts. He wasn’t paying attention! Two kids got admitted last night. My grand-daughter and another child. Not sure what was wrong with the other child.
      The guy that got flown out by helicopter was very critical with a major head wound and alot of bleeding. Another person got injured pretty bad also but don’t know what kind of injuries.
      My son in law talked to some folks he knows in that area and they talked about the guy that got flown out and said he was really torn apart. Have a feeling he didn’t make it or may not make it!
      All but two children got sent home. Most of them were complaining of thier necks hurting. Alot of whiplash!
      Little Miss Sneaky told me today she promises now to wear her seatbelt.
      And is now excited that she is coming to Nanna’s house to stay this week.
      Wanted to know if we were going to McDonalds and Walmart! LOL!
      Usually when they come to stay here… we take them to McDonald’s and buy them a Happy Meal. Then we go to Walmart and either buy them a pretty outfit which she loves getting and sometimes a toy! Ohhh boy!
      There goes Nanna’s money! Think I will do something different though because she is sick right now. Will order pizza! And have pizza night and rent a movie! Next night maybe get Andy to pick her up a Happy meal and buy her a an outfit and a toy and bring it home!
      Only going to be one problem that my daughter didn’t think about! When she drops off Hailey tomorrow, Hanna is going to have a fit! That is going to make Hanna mad! Taking her away from Nanna and leaving Hailey behind. LOL! I can just hear my daughter in her car right now! And it hasn’t even gotten here yet!
      Besides being sore and a little whiny.. she’s going to be okay. I did not see the video until this morning and it brought tears to my eyes. Did not know there was that many cars involved either! Several children were very lucky yesterday. It could have been worse. Just sad there are two people right now in really bad shape and no telling what their families are going through right now.
      Bad thing! My grand-daughter was 1 mile away from being dropped off at her home.
      Well better get offline! Got to finish my dinner real quick before my other little sneaky wakes up! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2008 at 7:57 pm

Thanks for the update. Glad Hailey is going to be aright!

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2008 at 8:46 pm

Linda,
      Hey Girl, it sounds like you have been going through alot. Thank God Hailey & all the other children are okay & not seriously injured. I haven’t been on line for a while. It seems you are feelng much better. I am so glad things are looking up for you!:)
      You & your family will be in my prayers

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2008 at 10:50 pm

Hi Linda,
      Very glad to hear that Hailey is going to be ok. I’m sure she will enjoy her time with nana and doing something different is always a treat. take care and enjoy.