Update 2/5/2009

February 5, 2009 at 9:20 am

I have taken my last innoculation. My neurologist asked me to take the flu, pneumonia, and shingles innoculations. I was innoculated for shingles Tuesday.

The shingles made me more nervous than the others since the literature the pharmacist gave me talked about “live” vaccines. My arm is still sore where the injection was given, but I feel pretty well. (I have had shingles twice in my adult life).

I can’t remember if I told y’all I have been taking glutathione for a couple of months. It is supposed to be a natural inflammation fighter. (Sounds like a good thing for Inflammatory disorders). Can’t really tell if it’s helping along with the PE or not…

The numbness in the tips of my fingers flared up again. My feet are feeling more numb as well. Any my right foot has that “asleep” feeling this morning. (Due to the immune response to the innoculation or because I missed a couple of days of the glutathione, or just my CIDP cycle?) I don’t know, I’m just glad to be done with these innoculations.

I am scheduled to see the neurologist Friday the 13th where we will discuss immuno-supressants. (If he’s wearing a hockie mask I’m leaving:D ). I’m still leaning towards the Aziothioprine.

Gary