Update 1/8/2009 (woohoo a new year)

January 8, 2009 at 9:46 am

I thought it would be interesting to capture the progression of CIDP symptoms as I approach 3 full weeks between PE treatments. I can tell it is time for another PE. I am pleased it has been 3 weeks since my last PE sessions. PEs are expensive, time consuming, and invasive (but thank God they are available and effective for me).

I have been noticing the burning and numbness in my feet and fingers since last Sunday (two weeks and two days after my last PE). The burning and numbness has been getting progessive worse daily. I particularly feel it in the evenings (after a long day). Just this morning I have noticed the strange “smells” (olfactory involvement) returning and my tongue has that rough tingly feeling towards the back. The tingling/skin crawling sensation has progressed up my wrists and along my calves. During my workout routine Monday and Wednesday, my muscles were more fatigued and I didn’t quite have the same stamina (but I was able to complete the entire routine both days ๐Ÿ˜€ ). My calves have been difficult to stretch out the last couple of days. Monday I had a physical therapy session and I have not lost any appreciable strength ๐Ÿ˜€ .

Fortunately I do have a PE scheduled this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon which will put the antibodies on the run again. I will again schedule the PEs for 3 weeks hence and see when the symptoms begin to re-appear.

In Christ as always,

Gary