October 13, 2007 at 11:59 pm

If I could turn back time, I would not have agreed to leave the hospital til she had ivig.

I try to look on the ‘bright side’ that she wasn’t exposed to potential risks of ivig. However, I know now what she has gone through because of not being treated properly. We don’t dwell on that too much, we have tried to put it behind us as it’s too late to change the past. But she is a dancer, and she now can’t walk. I truly believe she will again, someday. But who knows how long that will take? I’d go for the ivig in a heartbeat.

Certain tests etc made docs decide early on that it was ‘mild’. It wasn’t. I bet Gene is right: if it’d been the neuro’s kid, they would have gotten the ivig.