Reply To: Confused

Anonymous
June 19, 2008 at 11:52 pm

Just a quick note to both of you….and not intended to burst your bubble, but as far as I am concerned there is no such thing as a full recovery. I was told I was fully healed but the reality is, even though life has gone on for me and I have lead an active and full life, there have always been little things lurking in the background that I can attribute to GBS. If I could go back and do anything over, it would be to rest more often. I would also have made sure I kept better records of any tests. I am having to go back to a neurologist now and I have no documents of where I was at when I left hospital. I have tried to get copies but the dr’s and hospital records are purged after 10 years so we have no way of knowing what my nerves and muscles were doing back then. I suggest you get and keep copies for yourself as you never know what the future will bring. I did not expect to have residuals starting 20-25 years later. The new thought around here is that we may have something similar to post polio syndrome.

Take care and rest!!! It is so important to long term well being!