Reply To: Possible IVIG Treatment & Incontinence

November 4, 2019 at 6:49 pm

I know CIDP has affected both my urination and bowel movements. While I don’t have incontinence,urination wise, when I have to go, I really have to go right now. Very annoying, but it seems to be glacially improving. Also, I urinate a lot, though maybe the Prednisone has something to do with it?

As to bowel movements. Since I got CIDP, it seems like my colon lacks the ability (weak bowel muscles?) to effectively move the stool out. So my morning goes like this. Sit on the toilet, have a small bowel movement. Still feels like I need to go, but nothing. So I get up, brush my teeth, shave, move around a little and sure enough, I need to go again. And if I’m really lucky, I get to repeat the process again.

On really bad days, that might happen 5 times. At the point, I take something to now stop the bowel movements and I’m back to square one….

My guess is that the CIDP somehow hoses impulse nerves in the colon and it just doesn’t work like it should.

I hold out hope that as I improve with the CIDP, things get better downstairs as well.